Upgrade 2.x - 3.x failed, config.xml broken?

• Hello, a few days ago I updated from 2.x -> 3.x via omv-release-upgrade. At some point this failed horribly, so that I coulnd't even access the webgui. With a lot of hours reading into the forums I was able to fix most of the problems, but a few things remain.

My educated guess is that the config.xml still has a bunch of old stuff that has not been properly converted.

For example, I get this error upon clicking the user tab in access rights management:

or this one when I click on notifications:

Bash
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'The XPath query '//system/notification/notifications/notification[id='cronapt']' does not return the requested number of 1 object(s).' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:172
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/notification.inc(66): OMV\Config\Database->getByFilter('conf.system.not...', Array, 1)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceNotification->get(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('get', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Notification', 'get', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

or this one when I click on SMART:

here are my installed plugins:

Code
    ii  openmediavault                      3.0.87                           all          Open network attached storage solution
    pc  openmediavault-docker-gui           0.2.21                           amd64        OpenMediaVault plugin for Docker
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              1.0                              all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc  openmediavault-netatalk             3.2.10                           all          OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg         3.4.26                           all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    rc  openmediavault-openvpnas            1.0.10                           all          OpenVPN Acess Server plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver      3.8.1                            all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  openmediavault-virtualbox           3.0.8                            all          VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.

I have a backup of my config.xml from before the upgrade. Is there a way to convert it so it's readable by 3.x?

Thanks for anyone finding the time to help me.

• I have a backup of my config.xml from before the upgrade. Is there a way to convert it so it's readable by 3.x?

Sorry, I don´t think so. The file can only be used for reference.

Did you remove all OMV 2 plugins not supported by OMV3 before you start the initial upgrade process? This is generally recommended.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• If none help you with your broken upgrade, your best option is to do a fresh install on a new boot media ( to preserve your actual boot disk), and add sevices and configure all by hand.

your data are safe on your data disk, and you only need to import on your new install,to access it, so you only need time to configure and have a usable NAS.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!