Upgrade procedure should be clarified (OMV-plugins.org)

• Hi all,

it seems that many users have the same misunderstanding of the upgrade procedure.
    When you point out that all third-party plugins must be removed before upgrading, many people may not understand that they also must remove the plugin "OMV-plugins". I suppose this was my mistake.
    Perhaps you should express that more clearly.

Anyhow, I've found OMV to be a very good NAS solution - although I'm currently missing the miniDLNA...

Kind regards,
    DerPhil31

• Offizieller Beitrag

I thought this was pretty clear. We tried to make it as noticeable on the forum as possible. Plus, the upgrade script warns you.

As for minidlna, I am working on it. Hopefully, it will be done soon. I am actually still running 0.4 at home. No reason for most people to upgrade to 0.5 yet.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The port of miniDLNA plugin to OMV 0.5 is currently in work. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

• After stumbling around with Fuppes, I really appreciate the clear and easy to use interface of miniDLNA. Performance is perfect for my collection.

BTW: There is a very good uPnP controller app for Android available from the German company AVM (Fritz!Media). This is mainly intended for their own uPnP servers but works out of the box with other servers. Give it a try before sticking with Bubble uPnP

Kind regards,
    DerPhil31

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!