Can't Login to-OMV Web GUI common problem?

• Search a lot after Can't Login to-OMV Web GUI and I thinks is a common problem but never understand how to fix it. Some TS never post anymore and if this is common I think many leave OMV and go to other solution or leave Linux completely.

I self cant log in anymore. 3 days old OMV and how can my root on my SSD fill upp? Rsync bug on some forum? Must been a serious bug and scare people from OMV. How many we don't now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Search a lot after Can't Login to-OMV Web GUI and I thinks is a common problem but never understand how to fix it. Some TS never post anymore and if this is common I think many leave OMV and go to other solution or leave Linux completely.

I self cant log in anymore. 3 days old OMV and how can my root on my SSD fill upp? Rsync bug on some forum? Must been a serious bug and scare people from OMV. How many we don't now.

What is TS?

This problem is definitely caused by filling your os drive. In your case, it was probably caused by your docker images. This isn't a serious bug. It is misconfiguration. You should set the docker plugin to use a data drive. This shouldn't scare people away. This could happen on Linux and Windows.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Search a lot after Can't Login to-OMV Web GUI and I thinks is a common problem but never understand how to fix it. Some TS never post anymore and if this is common I think many leave OMV and go to other solution or leave Linux completely.

Lol.. this is the third post you've made suggesting that people are "afraid" of OMV and are leaving.. yet hard data suggests exactly the opposite. If you don't want to use omv, then don't use it. Use something more to your liking. Coming here and making veiled threats to leave isn't going to have anyone falling all over themselves to help you (probably just the opposite actually)

You seem to have finally accepted your OS drive is full. This is typically caused by 1 of 3 things (or maybe a combination )...None of this is a bug.. you've set something up improperly.

1. If you have rsync jobs running automatically... You've not set them up properly and they are essentially running non-stop, and the rsync log has filled your root drive. Honestly, 100gigs.. this would likely take a while to build up 100gigs of text files... And you said this is a 3 day old install.. so that seems unlikely. Possible, but seems unlikely in my mind.

2. Docker. You set it up improperly and are putting a lot of data on your os drive. In the output you posted last time you made a veiled threat to leave, it looked like your Dockers were on the OS drive.. None of my containers are over 4-5gigs. In your other thread.. I think you said the only docker you use is Transmission.. so this seems unlikely... Possible, but unlikely.

3. To me, the most likely scenario is Plex. If you did not install it via Docker, and instead installed the Plex plugin (which isn't suggested).. then it left your default database location as /var/something (sorry, don't use Plex to get the default location).. but I think even the Docker defaults to to /var. Plex database folders can get very large for large ,collections.. I've seen more than a couple that were over 100gigs.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!