SOLVED: linuxserver/sabnzbd folder permissions problem

• Hi everybody!

I am trying to set up a container using the above mentioned docker image.

My config is working well, everything seems to be okay. Until I restart the server.

After the reboot the container is running but I have no access to the backend.

The log says

Code
    Error:Can't write to logfile

I then have to stop the container, delete it and start all over again. Then everything works fine, even the sabnzbd config is intact.

In OMV I set Owner and Group to the same user/group I used for the container (PUID and PGID) but it will never survive a reboot.

Is there anything I can do?

Best regards
    fliwatuet

• You need to post the entire configuration you used to create the container.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I am not saying that this is the source of your problem, but I never use any sharedfolders as Host paths in my dockers. I use the fully qualified system path names instead.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thank you @gderf to use the fully qualified system path names solved the issue completely. I found the paths in the srv-folder.

I followed the videos from technodadlife, he always uses the shared folders which seems to be not recommended.

• I also found out, that it might be better to use the chown command rather than the OMV stuff. It also might help if you remove the old docker volumes when you started over and over again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!