Basic ZFS pool creation on LUKS encrypted volume fails

• Hello,

Using OMV 4.1.26-1 openmediavault-luksencryption 3.0.5 openmediavault-zfs 4.0.4

Created, then decrypted and mounted an LUKS device via the plugin, worked.

Tried creating a "basic" ZFS pool via the plugin, got the following error:

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Darkshado

• I am not absolutely sure, but I think I have heard that Luks encryption with ZFS is not (well) supported with OMV4. In OMV5 It should be supported natively (with a different kernel?).

There are several threads about this topic here at the forum regarding ZFS with Luks.

Maybe someone else may chime in?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is failing to pass the device mapper device to the cmd, have to look into that. You can try and create the pool in terminal as per zfs docs then the pool should be displayed at the zfs node.
    Encrypted volumes then zfs mounts, this a recipe for disaster in terms of service usability. Services that depends on zfs data are going to fail at boot. unless you are familiar setting up the crypttab you will need local console access or kvm ipmi to decrypt drives at boot.
    the luks plugin doesn’t set the crypttab.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!