Join OMV5 a Domain

• Good morning, I've been using OpenMediaVault for a few years now and have some version 2 and 3 running integrated into the domain using winbind. However I am having a problem with integrating OpenMediaVault 4 and 5 in the domain using realmd.

I followed the tutorial: https://forum.openmediavault.o…ory-Integration/?pageNo=1

With that I was able to integrate OMV into the domain, but I couldn't pull users to the OMV web interface.

When trying to add the extra options of samba, it always gives some error, someone who has running OMV 4 or 5 on Samba4 or AD, would you pass me the step by step you used?

• hi tacioandrade

I've translated (using google) your script. I ran into issues with the script itself.

I'm using OMV 5.6.1. I get an error when I do a testparm and net ads testjoin.

And I don't get any changes in the UI. Any ideas whats happening ?

After google translation, I have to the following description of one of the steps:

Enable samba and add this in the OpenMediaVault samba Extras field via the graphical interface:

This is what I did, I enabledSMB/CIFS and added the added the displayed text into the Extra values field.

Was this the correct way to do it ?

• I'm trying to connect to my active directory server, and omv is joined to the domain. I can get the id etc of a user in the domain/ad.

I was expecting some kind of UI change, but I think I might have misunderstood what the end result exactly is :)

When I click 'add' in the user management page, I can then under the group tab, see all the groups locally on the omv server, but also the groups from the AD. I guess that when I set up something, that requires a user, I would then be albe to select from the omv user list and the ad list.

I'm going to try that now...

• Offizieller Beitrag

What type of ad are you using? Windows, samba or one of many others.

If it is windows try my link above. It has been a while since I used it but it worked on OMV 3 4 and 5. If not look threw it you might see something useful.

It is based on sssd that is a newer way to connect but some have trouble with other than windows. sssd has seen updates since and may work now. Who knows.

• Ok I finally got time to check the ACL for a share (still new at OMV). And I can see the Active Directory (Windows) users and groups fine.
    So it looks like the script works (haven't actually tested the share yet).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!