Upgrade to Kralizec Basic SMB File Server Functionality

• Hello,

testing on Kralizec (OMV 0.6.0.10) looks progressing well. I also tested Kralizec installation using a VM some weeks ago.
    Since I do not need all the fancy plugins to be ready and having some time right now, I would like to upgrade to Kralizec right now.

Basic Functionality/Plugins
    - LVM2 / Raid5
    - SMB/CIFS shares
    - ssh

optional and 2nd priotity
    - netatalk - TimeMachine Backup
    - autoshutdown
    - backup

Is there a recommended way to do the upgrade keeping some of the setup configurations ?
    Or should I install Wheezy and then do clean install of Kralizec ?

OMV 5 | 64 bit | backport kernels | latest omvextrasorg
    low power Skylake NAS build <= 10 watts idle (4 disks), Fujitsu D3417-B, 16GB ECC RAM, 4x4TB WD Red - RAIDZ1, 128GB M.2 NVMe SSD boot.
    backup NAS HP Proliant N54L, 4GB ECC RAM, 4x4TB WD Red - RAID 5, 30GB SATA boot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-release-upgrade

I would install 0.5 in a vm and test this command though...

Most of the 0.5 plugins are in the kralizec repo - all of yours are. They should upgrade fine. I would enable the omv-extras testing repo before upgrading though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• thanx for the recommendation.
    I tried but could not get the GUI up and running and then did a re-install based on Debian 7.5.0. BTW by this exercise I also verified the system backup and restore over SMB shares is working fine using Colonezilla.
    Finally I am quite happy with the result. :D

low power Skylake NAS build <= 10 watts idle (4 disks), Fujitsu D3417-B, 16GB ECC RAM, 4x4TB WD Red - RAIDZ1, 128GB M.2 NVMe SSD boot.
    backup NAS HP Proliant N54L, 4GB ECC RAM, 4x4TB WD Red - RAID 5, 30GB SATA boot.

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

omv-release-upgrade

I would install 0.5 in a vm and test this command though...

Most of the 0.5 plugins are in the kralizec repo - all of yours are. They should upgrade fine. I would enable the omv-extras testing repo before upgrading though.

Hello,

I tried to upgrade an existing VM with 0.5.48

I have this error :

The problem may be from the fact I use a backports kernel (3.2.0-0.bpo.4-amd64) I installed manually before if was in the extras plugin.

Thank you for your help !

omv 2.x omv 3.x (testing) - AMD CPU - RAM ECC 8x4TB RAID6 + 4x3TB RAID5 - SSD 4GB for system

• First partial answer

I changed /etc/apt/sources.list

Code
    # deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports wheezy-backports main non-free
    deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-backports main non-free

omv-release-upgrade is now going on :D ... but after a while ... :cry:

After that something is broken

Code
    omv-release-upgrade
    -bash: /usr/sbin/omv-release-upgrade: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

No problem, I made a clone of the working VM on 0.5.48 ... so I can do it again !

omv 2.x omv 3.x (testing) - AMD CPU - RAM ECC 8x4TB RAID6 + 4x3TB RAID5 - SSD 4GB for system

• Code
    apt-get remove openmediavault-lvm2
    apt-get remove openmediavault-minidlna
    apt-get -f install

Reinstall the Plugins after the installation has finished.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I cloned my existing VM on sardaukar and done that

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get autoremove
    apt-get -f install
    omv-release-upgrade

I had the error about backport so I changed /etc/apt/sources.list

Code
    # deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports wheezy-backports main non-free

I kept the existing configuration files (samba, proftpd, etc.)

Here are the last output lines of the install :cry: (sorry for the mix french/english ... I'm used to that, but it's harder for all of you ... :lol: )

after that it's broken

Code
    omv-release-upgrade
    -bash: /usr/sbin/omv-release-upgrade: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

So I've done again the experience, this time I replaced all existing configuration files at every request :
    - /etc/samba/smb.conf
    - /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server
    - /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf

Mais ça part en vrille again !

So I still need help ...

• my suggestion is to go for a clean install based on Wheezy.
    this took me 1-2h max. and you might re-think of some changes that are pending on your list anyway ;)

• I'm afraid I will have to do that ...

I think the problem come from the installation of backports

I notice also that if you have installed omvextrasorg plugin, if you uninstall it, the omv-release-upgrade fails.

• Hello,

I see there is a new version of the upgrade script in 0.5.51, so I tried again from a cloned sardaukar VM

The sequence is
    1. Modify the line <xxx>-backports main non-free line in /etc/apt/sources.list

Code

2. Remove plugins lvm2 and minidlna plugins (thanks to davidh2k)

Code
    apt-get -f install
    apt-get autoremove

3. Upgrade !

Code
    omv-release-upgrade

4. Reinstall plugins lvm2 and minidlna plugins

Code
    apt-get install openmediavault-lvm2
    apt-get install openmediavault-minidlna

During the execution of upgrade script, there were some errors but they don't seem to matter :

I started the WebGUI ... fine

As the kernel-bpo was still 3.2, I install kernel 3.14 via OMV-Extras.org ... but when I reboot I have the message

Code
    error: symbol not found: 'grub_divmod64_full'.
    Enreing rescue mode...
    grub rescue>

And now ?

But there is a huge progress since my last try at the end of May. Thanks !

• Kralizec is now running fine since more than one month in my config mentioned above and version looks recently upgraded to 1.x.
    So I wonder if there is any documentation or release notes I might have been overlooked ?
    Thanx for all the huge effort :D

• You will see more information soon, but you have to give Volker some more time to do it right ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I tried again with openmediavault 0.5.53

I used the same sequence (removing 2 plug-ins and editing source.list)

I have some (different) errors while upgrading

The script ended. The WebGUI was functionnal ...

I did not upgrade the bpo kernel

unfortunately, after reboot, same error as previously :

Code
    error: symbol not found: 'grub_divmod64_full'.
    Enreing rescue mode...
    grub rescue>

• As I used a virtualbox VM, I can put somewhere the VM image for problem insestigation

Please let me know ...

Fred

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!