Automatic password synchronization

• I created a SMB/CIFS share and everything worked well. But if I try to change a password in the Web-GUI, the new password is only set for the Web-Interface, but not for SMB/CIFS.

How can I automatically sync both passwords?
    I am running Kralizec 1.0.22.

My smb.conf:

I already tried to set unix password sync = yes, but nothing changed.

• I already tried to set unix password sync = yes, but nothing changed.

Did you restart the samba daemon after you changed the variable?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I can't believe we never noticed this...

I will check this in a bit... but I would think it should sync already or at least did on earlier versions.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It works just fine in my quick test. Either samba isn't restarting or windows is allowing access to the share (cached) even though the password changed. Here is what I did:

create user called omv with password of pass1
    create samba share called test1
    login to samba share with username omv and password pass1 - works
    change password in OMV web interface of omv user to pass2
    still can login to share test1
    create samba share called test2
    cant login into samba share test2 with username omv and password pass1 - doesn't work
    can login into samba share test2 with username omv and password pass2 - works
    log out of windows
    cant login into samba share test1 with username omv and password pass1 - doesn't work
    cant login into samba share test1 with username omv and password pass2 - works

Tells me everything is working fine. This is a windows password caching deal.

sync unix passwords is for when you change the samba password with smbpasswd, it will change the unix passwd. The OMV web interface is changing the unix password which samba is using (PAM and yes, pam password change is set).

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I explained why that variable doesn't matter in my post...

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• EDIT: Do not use the Guide linked below or you may lock yourself out of your system!
    Found my error, do not comment auth required pam_permit.so in /etc/pam.d/common-auth or your system won't let log you back in.

So i digged deeper into the issue.

I found this article (cache rules) http://web.archive.org/web/201…sword-sync-on-debian-etch

I went through all the steps for 'unix -> samba' and it works.

Edit: I worked with smbclient here, so a windows cache issue is out of the question.

Greetings
    David

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just realized the system I was testing on was OMV 0.5. I can confirm it is not working on OMV 1.0. So, something changed between the two versions. I will file a bug report.

• Offizieller Beitrag

• Fixed in openmediavault 1.0.23, see http://sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/1471.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!