Dual NIC - Route specific service

• I have just setup a managed switch to allow VLANs in my home network. I now have trusted and untrusted VLANs, no longer allowing guests access to my core LAN.

I run Plex on my OMV which is on my core LAN. Is there any way to route Plex traffic (incoming port 32400) out of a separate NIC and into my DMZ. I have everything else behind my pfSense firewall, the only ports open are for Plex and OpenVPN. I would like Plex to be on a separate LAN and don't really want my whole OMV box in the DMZ with all my personal data stored there.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am pretty sure you can do this with iptabes, bind the process to the uid owner to a certain interface, remember PMS runs under username plex. I've seen in serverfault some iptables rules to fwd traffic for transmission through the tun interface. You can start looking at there. Also the webUI won't provide iptables access to POSTROUTING, so you have to use the CLI.

• Thanks for the reply. I would t know where to start. Perhaps I will move plex to a VM so it can use a separate NIC. I suppose the downside will be the transcoding performance which is awesome on bare metal.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!