OMV on HP Microserver Gen8

• Hello
    This is my first "NAS build"
    Im not a stranger to the "NAS world" , i have a Zyxel 320 , but its 2 slow , high consumption , and easy to freeze, and only has 2 drive bay's.
    Thanx to various puchased items i got an big discount on a gen8 microserver , wich i plan to use for my NAS build. It has a Pentium 2020m processor an 2 Gb of ram , wich was plenty to stream a 1080p movie over the network thru PLEX . + a 250 GB HDD
    First test build was OMV 1.8 installed on a 4Gb Transcend memory stick . but then i messed around with some plugins and setings and i managed to brake it .
    After all the tests i have done , i still have some unresolved isues .
    1. i could never solve the ups conection with my UPS Legrand Inform 600VA Line-interactive GUARDIAN (tried diferent combinations of parameters in the plughin windows , but none worked)
    2. im planning un using 2x4GB hdd's then later supliment the storage space with another 2x4GB ... How should i configure that without loosing the data in the raid creation ? originaly it will be a RAID 1 then a RAID 10 configuration . Internal RAID controler will be set to AHCI mode (hardware raid is not posible to add 2 more drives later without loosing data , as far as i know)
    3. password on console didnt work neither with root or admin . not the default one or the other set from the web interface .
    4. plex did'nt accept some media with mkv extension , on shared folder on rescan . Only the one wich they had in their data base with picture . ex.(home made movie)
    5. i dad some errors on bootloader so i had to install lilo . the sistem starts but i had som errors . how can i see the boot info?
    6. Had some bad experience with some HDD's on diferent sistems . How does the raid 1 behave when i change an bad HDD (automated rebuild? or something else ? ) can i use the system while rebuilding ?
    7. (NOT OMV RELATED) For some reason ILO is not working ... at all . no blink from the connector when i insert the cable . Can someone help me with that ? do i need to activate something to enter ilo from browser ?

Thankyou for your support , Any advice is wellcome !
    Sorry for my english

• Hello
    I have the same server, so I can help with issue nr 7.
    By default ILO should be active and it should get an ip from dhcp. When you start the server you should see ILO ip for a couple of seconds.
    I think ILO can also be enabled/disabled from bios, you should check there also.

• 3. password on console didnt work neither with root or admin . not the default one or the other set from the web interface .

default password is openmediavault and MUST work, try Firefox to discard explorer issues, if do not work on Firefox try clear Firefox cache and delete previosly saved pasword in cahe.

PD: revise that your password do not contain special characters like ñ ç , etc..

• Hi
    I will check the Ilo setings in bios. At startup ILO IP is UNKNOWN (as displayed) . Probably i messed up some setings ... will try i factory default then re test .
    @raulfg3 True ... it had special caracters and was a wrong keymap .\
    Thankyou for the support

• Seems like the ILO problem was a "electrical" problem , wich required changing the service switch 1 to on then after a complete boot back to off . Now i have a functional ILO.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!