AFP-Shares disapear and comes back again

• Hi Folks,

since the last Updates in late january, I've got no status emails from the NAS. I dind't realised it until the mchine gets very slow transferrates.
    Therefore I had a look at the updates on the webend. But the system can't connect to any external service, because of the gateway at the manual network settings are empty now!
    Re-entered it an run several updates.

Now, I connect to the shares and while I am working on it, it disapears under my mouse cursor!
    Then... suddenly the apear again, sometimes empty, sometimes with less folders...

The transfer rates are absolutly slow, too.

Ah! If I activate SMB, sometimes (without any connection) it takes 1 Core of the CPU with 100%. But I sometime, I cannot see the service in top or at the webend, sometimes it is SMB what driving nuts.

I have remove (purged) openmediavault.netatalk and netatalk and installed it after a reboot.
    Also remove all other service discovery instead of AFP.

Got many errory, have a look at the logs.

Systeminformations: ubt0T5nm

TIA
    Regards
    Michael

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well the stack trace is software failure for afpd. For that we cannot do much here. Also if you notice netatalk version is very outdated in debian, I have updated to 2.2.5 from Jessie just to use symlinks. I don't use time machine but I can give it a try later to see I come with the same or similar, what's you osx version?
    Just a search in Google lead me to this page in Ubuntu from 2012. You can check there if one of the solutions there work for you.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubu…urce/netatalk/+bug/810732

• We have one 10.9 and two 10.10 machines.

Edit:
    Can you tell me how to find out, what is going on?
    Do you see the difference? This is typical behaivior for round about a month.

I followed these instructions:
    http://netatalk.sourceforge.ne….7_on_Ubuntu_14.10_Utopic
    Finaly: apt-get install openmediavault-netatalk

The Performance is ca. 30% less than all my benchmarks (Black Magic Speed Test) after the fresh installation of OMV.
    Get only 70/80 megs/sec. :(

But in RL, I need actual 3h for 73 GB! :(

Edit: It seems to be stable since several hours. Also TM is working fine: CLOSED!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Netatalk 3 uses a whole new syntax. I have real doubts that the plugin is gonna work there, unless you configure it manually in CLI, then I guess you don't need the plugin.

Also there is a netatalk3 that was tried to pushed to Jessie and couldn't make it here https://github.com/adiknoth/netatalk-debian/

You need just to revert a specific commit thats specific to Jessie

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just noticed that there is no netatalk package in jessie - link

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I a still have doubts that is working.
    First is the netatalk 2.2.5 being removed?

How did you install netatalk 3.1, make install? Or you converted the built into a deb package?

If the plugin is working I guess is because is still configuring 2.2.5, you probably have two different afpd binaries installed at different path. Just check with "afpd - V" at /usr/bin and at /usr/local/bin

Inspect the init script and check which binary is using to start the daemon.

• I'm driving nuts! My shares are gone away! NAS isn't avaible via afp anymore! Last working TM-Backup is three hours ago?
    The system doesn't fell asleep all the time, cause my doughter is ill and watching movies all the time with the Win 8.1-HPTC via smb-shares.
    WTF? :D
    I guess, you're right and it wasn't a good idea to install netatalk 3.7.1
    Okay, I will give it a second try this evening... or so.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!