DHCP Plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is something wrong with your system. What type of media is OMV installed on?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat

There is something wrong with your system. What type of media is OMV installed on?

I installed it with iso suggested by subzero79

openmediavault_1.14_omvextras_3.16_kernel_amd64.iso

• Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't mean what you installed from. Is OMV installed on hard drive or ssd or usb stick?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think it is failing. Do you have openmediavault-flashmemory installed? If not, it is probably too late.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Find a hard drive or ssd or a NEW usb stick to reinstall on. Install the same way you did the first time. If you use a usb stick or ssd, use the openmediavault-flashmemory plugin.

• Find a hard drive or ssd or a NEW usb stick to reinstall on. Install the same way you did the first time. If you use a usb stick or ssd, use the openmediavault-flashmemory plugin.

I think i'll use a usb stick. The openmediavault-flashmemory plugin must be installed immediately after normal installation of openmediavault iso?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes. Otherwise, the usb stick will be receiving excessive writes.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I mean there will be too many writes performed on the usb stick shortening its life. The flashmemory plugin changes the write location so that the writes are writing to ram. If you are worried, just use a hard drive.

• I mean there will be too many writes performed on the usb stick shortening its life. The flashmemory plugin changes the write location so that the writes are writing to ram. If you are worried, just use a hard drive.

I do not understand where is the coincidence between "openmediavault-flashmemory plugin" and the fact that you can not install "openmediavailt-dnsmasq".
    However i re-installed openmediavault, but i can't find openmediavault-flashmemory plugin in plugin section on webgui.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm sorry you don't understand. Installations don't work properly when a usb stick is failing. In my opinion, that is why you could not install dnsmasq and the plugin.

I don't know what you reinstalled. To install the flashmemory plugin, you have to have omv-extras installed and:
    on OMV 1.x, you have to have the testing omv-extras repo enabled.
    on OMV 2.x, you have to have the regular omv-extras repo enabled.

• I'm sorry you don't understand. Installations don't work properly when a usb stick is failing. In my opinion, that is why you could not install dnsmasq and the plugin.

I don't know what you reinstalled. To install the flashmemory plugin, you have to have omv-extras installed and:
    on OMV 1.x, you have to have the testing omv-extras repo enabled.
    on OMV 2.x, you have to have the regular omv-extras repo enabled.

I just installed opernmediavault-flashmemory successfully, and now?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know what you want to do with your OMV box. If you are going to use dnsmasq, now seems like a good time to install it.

• I don't know what you want to do with your OMV box. If you are going to use dnsmasq, now seems like a good time to install it.

This computer are connected four hard drives, some of these will be used as a repository for the installation of remote clients, others such as storage for various downloaded files.

I need to install a tftp server and dhcp server for operating system distribution to PC clients.

I tryed to re-install openmediavault-dnsmasq, but in this case too, nothing to do.

Installation is frozen as in attachment:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try installing from the command line: apt-get install openmediavault-dnsmasq

• I think you have a problem with your flash drive. How old is it? can you get another one or use a regular spin hard drive?

The flash drive used is new. Recently (two months ago) i purchased three pendrives with 8GB capacity.
    The same pendrive was also used for freenas smoothly

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!