owncloud - changed default port, webgui works, but OMV 'show' opens wrong port

• hi All,
    I setup the owncloud on port 9443, but have since changed it to 10443.

Everything works on port 10443, but in the OMV web gui, under owncloud, if i 'show' the webpage, it by default is opening port 9443.

I've check the nginx config file and that is set correct hence the config actually working, but where does the OMV interface get updated (and I did set correct on OMV interface)?
    I've rebooted also and that doesnt change anything.

• Under the owncloud section in OMV there is a button called "SHOW" which is next to save and reset, and when clicked it is opening up a webpage to connect to owncloud, it opens a webpage to the old port of 9443, where it should be 10443. If I manually change it to 10443, it connects fine. Owncloud looks to worknig as normal, its just where OMV is referencing the port that needs to be changed. The port is set to 10443 in the webgui of owncloud plugin so not sure why its sticking to 9443.

• To fix that you need to edit a javascript file with the new port info... Why is it that you wanted to change the default port??? I mean from 9443 to 10443, what gives?????????? Seems kind of ridiculous to me. Also, if there are any upgrades the javascript file will be overwritten back to port 9443 even if you edit it and change it to 10443.

• This is the file you want to look at to edit:

/var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/service/owncloud/Settings.js

But I don't recommend what you are doing. After an edit to a javascript file you need to refresh your browser.

• Tek, was 9443 the default? I cant remember if I manually specified it or not.
    If its the default, I can change it back. I changed it because I had an issue where I did the install and rebooted OMV without setting the admin password and wasnt able to get in so I did a reinstall.

It seems a bit strange though it gives an option in the GUI to change it but it doesnt reflect in OMV. Is this a bug?

• In the Settings of the plugin it gave option to change the port????? Hmm... I don't remember this but I always do things my own way anyways. There are not upgrades for owncloud. Volker is very sicks of this buggy application, and I don't blame him. If you did use another port you probably would not be bothered by upgrades to often. But if there is a default porrt you should probably stick to it unless you are advanced user and know what you are doing.

• Hello,

installed OMV a few days ago. I have the same issue with the owncloud plugin : I want to change the default port because I access the web thought openvpn and I can only redirect random ports (this is due to my vpn provider).

When I change the port from the OMV webUI interface, to, let's say 8448, I still have to connect to port 8443 to access ownCloud. But in the config.php file, the trusted domain has been changed to :

array (
    0 => 'OpenMediaVault.local:8448',
    ),

I also tried to edit Settings.js as you suggested:

name: "port",
    fieldLabel: _("Port"),
    vtype: "port",
    minValue: 1,
    maxValue: 65535,
    allowDecimals: false,
    allowBlank: false,
    value: 8448,

but that didn't change anything. I still have to connect to my.ip:8443 to access ownCloud :(

Any ideas ?

Many thanks !

• I using OC 8.1.x too, but didn't have go to Settings.js to change the port.
    You only need to change OC port via Nginx settings in OMV webgui.
    Look for the OC 8 tutorial for more details.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• After modification of both the config.php and the .js and some reboots it works fine !

However my version is '6.0.4.1' and not 8.X like yours. Openmediavault doesn't show me any update to install.

• Zitat

However my version is '6.0.4.1' and not 8.X like yours. Openmediavault doesn't show me any update to install.

I'm not using the OC plug-in, but manual installation.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!