snapraid automation fails and email flooding

• I'm posting this here because I'm not having a problem with the snapraid plugin itself but, getting it to automate using the job scheduler which is shipped with OVM.

Okay so the story is, I first tried using the snapraid-runner script when I first setup my ovm server, but it would execute multiple times and flood my email with errors for some reason, so I disabled the job and ran it manually for months. Then, I got the idea to setup jobs to run snapraid (diff, scrub, sync) directly and with the email forwarder enabled.

When the job for snapraid diff ran it flooded my inbox with 50+ emails (one every minute) with the results from the command. After that I disabled all the jobs. If I run them manually via the web interface it works as expected.

Any help getting this setup right would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still running Kralizec 1.19
    3.16 backports kernel
    snapraid 8.1-omv1

• Doh!! Alright, Thanks I'll give it a try. I have very little experience with cron. I though I had it set for 5am. That would explain the email every minute thing. Hopefully I can use the snapraid-runner script as I originally wanted now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!