apt-get wants to remove openmediavault to install sendmail

• I have omv 2.1.9 on debian 7.9.
    I never got around to setting up sendmail and decided today I'd go ahead and do that.

I found the package was not installed so I ran "apt-get install sendmail" and apt-get told me it wanted to remove openmediavault and asked me if that was ok. I said no, obviously. I proceeded to try to figure out why it wants to do that, figuring it was conflicting dependencies, however that appears to not be the case.

The output from apt-get and apt-cache is included below. Ideas, suggestions or even small clues would be appreciated.

• What a mess! Can you live with postfix? It should be already installed.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• My knowledge is a about a decade or two old and I wasn't even aware that postifx is another MTA, i.e. sendmail alternative... so to answer the question: yes, postfix will probably do just fine. I have a feeling it is not set up correctly because the first thing I did was try to send myself a mail using "echo test | mail -s test root" and that command did nothing- it completed successfully (apparently) yet I cannot find any mail using "mail" or by looking in /var/mail.

Thanks for the help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!