Slow copy speeds

• Odd behavior. When transferring files from a end device -> NAS I get about 10-15MBsec (which I'm pretty sure is network related). When copying a file from one location on the NAS to a different directory I get about 3MBsec...

Already completely confused that a network transfer is 5x the speed of read/writting from the same drive. Tested HW speeds with with "conv=fdatasync if=/dev/sda1 of=/tmp/test.img bs=1G count=2" and got roughly 100MB/sec

These are all large video files. Thoughts?

• FYI extra info. OS is running on a SSD separate from the 3.5" drive the storage is kept on.

Platform is a HP Proliant dl160, ESXI. Resources given to the host = 1x Intel Xeon 5630 and 4GB ram. Doesn't even come close to maxing that out when transferring. Maybe running at 5% cpu and 15% memory.

• When copying a file from one location on the NAS to a different directory I get about 3MBsec...

How do you transfer those files? Drag and Drop in the Samba Shares?

When transferring files from a end device -> NAS I get about 10-15MBsec (which I'm pretty sure is network related).

Could be that your NAS is only 100mbit negociated instead of gbit. Check with ethtool eth0

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!