Error#4000 when trying to start AFP!

• Hi!

Trying to get AFP running for Time Machine on my mac.

After creating the share, when I try to start the AFP service, it throws an error!

The error message is:

And it comes up red in status on the dashboard.
    Rebooting, it will come up green after awhile, but still no AFP connectivity working from my mac.
    Have tried deleting the share, and re-created it with AFP disabled.

What could be the issue?
    Feels like i am missing something simple.

//Odin

• Everytime I hit "ok" to apply even with the error, I see the AFP share coming up in finder on my mac, but I cannot connect to it.
    Also, the error keeps coming back when I re- enable the AFP share.

I tried disabling-re-enabling many times, no change....

• Left it alone for a while, and it seems to work now, weird behavior....maybe lingering process that finally died? But if so, why did reboot not work?

Whatever, seems to work now, so I will leave it alone!

• I'm having the some problem right now: error 4000. The afp server seems to work, but via the webgui the icon is red in the dashboard. Moreover i'm able to connect to the AFP server in the Finder from my Mac and i can browse directories but when I try to copy a file, OMV stops working and becomes unaccessible from the network.

I have tried to ping the server and requests timeout starting from the moment when i copy the file. Does someone have my same problem ? Any ideas ?

Thks :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!