Smart data for raid hardware

• My setup is here

I can get smart data with ssh of a disk with this command where X is the ID -> smartctl -a -d 3ware,X /dev/twa0

I would like to know if it's possible to see them in OpenMediaVault like regular disk. (Storage | S.M.A.R.T.)
    I didn't found a solution yet to add them to smartmontools and make them visible in OMW.
    I saw some information about disk in config.xml but I don't know how it's work.

Feel free to ask question, I don't think I am enough clear.

• I added this on /etc/smartd.conf :

Then i restart smart daemon

Code
    sudo service smartmontools restart

I can see in log than server can see smart data of these disk and it's added to the watch list.
    How i make them visible on OpenMediaVault?
    I am missing something?

• Hi,

I am using OMV now for a year and am greatful for this project. I also have a hardware RAID controller und would love to have the SMART values in the webui.

It is not so much a problem for me to start progging it myself and contribute the code to the mail project or as a plugin. My preference would be having it not as a seperate plugin since ther would be a lot redundancy in the code compared to the already existing SMART part.
    To contribute code to the main project at the extend to support HW-RAID I guess, it is important to agree on a way how to do it proper. I do not mean only the coding style but also the UI presentation. Is there a way to talk to the responsible developer if you are interested?

Regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have been slowing working on a plugin called hwraidsmart. It should do what you want. I can have you added to the developer forum if you are interested?

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron,
    Any luck with that plugin? I am running an IBM x3400 and it has a built in RAID. I have each drive as a single volume and do a software RAID in OMV but I still dont get the SMART data.

OMV 4.1.0-1 Arrakis running on:
    IBM System x3400 server
    Dual Xeon 5110 1.6Ghz CPUs
    4Gb RAM
    40Gb IDE System drive
    8-2Tb Data HDDs

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am waiting for the next version of OMV and I need a test card. Just too hard to debug on non-OMV system.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!