Is this slow?

• Sorry if this is a dumb question and I am just not mathing probably,

But to me, this is not running at gigabit speeds, even though the on board nick is detected as such? Am I right? And if so, how do I fix it?

in th network interface graphs they average around 100k, and the graph is labelled Bits/s.
    The support info lists 1000 base T / full as one of the modes, and my link lights on the switch indicate 1000.
    As far as I know it's an onboard intel nic on my asus h97i plus motherboard.
    Am I missing a driver or something? It seems to have picked up the gig card but not using the capabilities.

• 2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000
    link/ether 78:24:af:3b:21:b6 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 192.168.0.10/24 brd 192.168.0.255 scope global eth0
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Interface information eth0:
    ===========================
    Settings for eth0:
    Supported ports: [ TP ]
    Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
    100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
    1000baseT/Full
    Supported pause frame use: No
    Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
    Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
    100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
    1000baseT/Full
    Advertised pause frame use: No
    Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
    Speed: 1000Mb/s
    Duplex: Full
    Port: Twisted Pair

• When streaming a video over the network,the bit rate will be whatever is required by the player to play the file, not the full capability of the link.

Try transferring a large (several GB) file and see how it performs then.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Quite right. I just plugged my laptop direct into the switch and transferred a to show. It was bouncing around 100MBit because that's the speed of my old laptop interface. So looks like it's accurate after all

Thank you sir.

• That proofs that your OMV runs with at least 100 MBit. Thats not an evidence for performing with the full GBit...

--
    Get a Rose Tattoo...

HP t5740 with Expansion and USB3, Inateck Case w/ 3TB WD-Green
    OMV 5.5.23-1 Usul i386|4.19.0-9-686-pae

• I know, I just don't have a PC that runs at a gig. it proves that it wasn't stuck on some slow Kb speed though, and I know now that it SHOULD not be a bottleneck when uploading or downloading to the volumes, and that it should go at the same speed as the device uploading or downloading to it.

Yes, only proven at 100Mb, and I am just assuming that because I have Gig lights up on the switch, that if 1000Mb is pulled from it from a device, that it will supply it and there isn't an underlying issue.

FYI, turned off autoneg, and selected 1000/full and it still links.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!