UPS plugin

• Hi again and thanks for your help. I did clean but when i try --purge this happen:

> dpkg: error processing openmediavault-nut (--remove):
    > Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
    > reinstall it before attempting a removal.
    > Errors were encountered while processing:
    > openmediavault-nut
    > E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

if I'll do apt-get upgrade I will update to newer OMV version? I prefer to stay on 0.4 or at least i need to do a full dd of my current installation before update the whole system. I've got some other daemons running on my machine and i do not wanna risk :roll:

• I'm running OMV on a speedy 32gb USB thumb drive. Before i ran it on a speedy CompactFlash into a sata adapter but i experienced the same problem.
    Really strange trouble, I installed just last month the VirtualBox plugins and I'm running a VM 24/24h without troubles!

• TheCondor, how long do you expect your thumb drive to live?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

TheCondor, how long do you expect your thumb drive to live?

Greetings
    David

hihihi i know that :D:D
    I hope one year.... next 2015 Christmas Santas will bring me a new external SSD I believe...

• i'll check the thumb but it's nearby new.... and i installed a package just yesterday and went fine, really strange.
    Moreover the same error with nut appeared when i was running on the compact flash!

• Offizieller Beitrag

thumb drives and compact flash don't usually have wear leveling. So, you could easily destroy them in a short amount of time. That is why we recommend against them.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Good afternoon,

I would like to enable the UPS plugin in OMW 3.0.13, but I got this error on enabled, save and apply: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; systemctl start nut-server 2>&1': A dependency job for nut-server.service failed.

The journalctl -xn shows this:

Could somebody help me about that? All packages, plugins are updated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is NUT updated to lastest stable

OMV uses whatever package Debian is using. If you are on OMV 2.x, it uses nut 2.6.4. If you are on OMV 3.x, it uses nut 2.7.2. Latest stable on the nut website is 2.7.4. That said, sometimes fixes are backported. So, you can't always go by version.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV uses whatever package Debian is using. If you are on OMV 2.x, it uses nut 2.6.4. If you are on OMV 3.x, it uses nut 2.7.2. Latest stable on the nut website is 2.7.4. That said, sometimes fixes are backported. So, you can't always go by version.

Okay thanks for the info. I'll keep looking for the cause of the issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!