Can't Create a new filesystem

• Hello everybody !

Today I needed to change my system disk (an old WD) it does not work anymore.

Luckily my 3TB DATA Seagate works, but after re-installing the system (OMV 2) on a "new" drive (Hitachi 60GB coming from an old out-of-service Xbox360),
    System is booting up normally, I need to reconfigure my Seagate disk as the Data disk again, but I can't, when I try to go on File Systems i got this error : "Failed to get the 'ext4' filesystem implementation or '/dev/sda1' does not exist" but of course /dev/sda1 does exist and the Seagate is recognized by the system

I checked some things, and for me everything seems to be ok except the Fstab,

Bash
    omv-mkconf fstab

does not help. I tried to reconfigure it by placing something like

Code
    # >>> [openmediavault]UUID=6417a2ac-726a-4821-9718-0d691a909fd9 /media/6417a2ac-726a-4821-9718-0d691a909fd9 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

but it does not help :?:

Bash
    blkid

Code
    e2fsck -y -f -v /dev/sda1

Thank you for you help, have a good day ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since you are installing fresh, I would install OMV 3.x.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I don't know if it's a good idea because, I already tried it (a few months ago with 3.0.2x) and I lost some omvextrasorg plugins (like mumble and a few others) and there were problems with the Names of the Folders (they have some letters like é è...) NFS didn't worked with these folders... and It wasn't stable for me (Crash of the GUI, freezes...)

If these problems are solved, i have no reason to not try it again because 2.1 doesn't work anymore since the death of the WD.

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

If these problems are solved, i have no reason to not try it again

There has been about 30 releases since then. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. mumble is in the repo now.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello,

I installed erasmus, and it's working pretty well (I needed to manually upgrade util-linux (blkid version was 1.0.0 --> 2003) there was an error accessing File Systems, but now it's working fine with util-linux 2.2.9)

But the "éè" error with NFS is still there, Shared folders without these weird "french letters" are working fine, the others : fsname error.

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Will be fixed in openmediavault 3.0.57, see https://github.com/openmediava…b681c369118038104632de6b4.

• Hello,
    Thank you :)

I am trying to mount Vidéos folder via NFS, i created a new shared folder (Videos and not Vidéos) which doesn't give fsname error.
    I created a link between Vidéos and Videos (ln -s /media/UUID/Vidéos /media/UUID/Videos)

On the client, i did
    sudo mount -t nfs -o rw serverip:/export/Videos ~/serveur

I Can see Vidéos on the client (ls -all) which refers to /media/UUID on the server, but i can't go into it on the client.

I think it's because on the client /media/UUID doesn't exist.

Am i right ?

How Can I make it work waiting 3.0.57 ?

Thanks ;)

Envoyé de mon FRD-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!