Plex plugin - new issue "( expected public but got )"

• It appears something is broken with Plex again?

I just did a fresh Debian 8 install on a spare PC I have (no more RPI, rycoaaron, lol), and manually installed OMV 3.0.64.

Several plugin installed already without issue, but.....

Trying to get the Pex plugin installed, OMV-Extras -> Update ends with this line:

W: Conflicting distribution: downloads.plex.tv public InRelease (expected public but got )

but the entry does appear in the Plugins list as plexmediaserver 3.8.1.

However, try to actually install it and you get the same error as above:

W: Conflicting distribution: downloads.plex.tv public InRelease (expected public but got )

• Offizieller Beitrag

This isn't an error. It is a warning. It has to do with the setup of the Plex repo and there is nothing I can change to make it go away. It shouldn't hurt anything though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I guess I don't understand what you mean by "it won't hurt anything"...It won't install. Trying to do so fails with this error right at the end:

Fetched 4708 kB in 0s (6118 kB/s)
    Unable to correct missing packages.
    E: Failed to fetch https://downloads.plex.tv/repo…3.4.3285-b46e0ea_i386.deb Size mismatch

E: Aborting install.
    <<< *************************************

Which..... hmm, that's a different error than I was seeing last night when I tried this.

In any case, it won't install, which is odd because this was the second time I set this up on a spare PC, and the first time it did work.

EDIT: Not sure if this is a clue, but I tried to retrieve this file manually: https://downloads.plex.tv/repo…3.4.3285-b46e0ea_i386.deb

and it was a zero-byte file.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is an issue with their repo and/or package. I was able to install 1.3.3 from their repo. Someone should notify them.

apt-get install plexmediaserver=1.3.3.3165-ed2f710

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This is an issue with their repo and/or package. I was able to install 1.3.3 from their repo. Someone should notify them.

apt-get install plexmediaserver=1.3.3.3165-ed2f710

Well.... I've tried to alert them. Some moderator CAN download it, so thinks it's on my end. But repeated attempts to do as he did, fails with same issue. It's a zero-byte file. I've posted a followup for him, maybe someone else from here can add to it:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discuss…n-ubuntu-16-04-lts#latest
    (I know my post there was somewhat off topic, but it's related)

• And it's fixed. Just got it installed and Plex updated that post:

"Querying all the nodes on S3, they did find a zero-length file. (GOOD CATCH on your part!)
    They are now pushing out fresh to all nodes in light of the S3-East outage yesterday.
    Edit: Updating complete. Please check now"

FYI for anyone reading.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!