Upgrade to OMV3 aborts due to missing OMV helper-functions script

• When upgrading from OMV 2.1.13 to OMV3 the upgrade on my system aborts with the following error:

Zitat

Processing triggers for dbus (1.8.22-0+deb8u1) ...
    sh: 1: .: Can't open /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions
    E: Problem executing scripts DPkg::Post-Invoke '. /etc/default/openmediavault; . /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions; if omv_checkyesno ${OMV_DPKG_POSTINVOKE_PURGE_MAN}; then if [ $(ps w -p $PPID | grep -c remove) != 1 ]; then echo 'Purging man pages ...'; rm -rf /usr/share/doc/* /usr/share/man/* /var/cache/man/*; else exit 0; fi; fi'
    E: Sub-process returned an error code

From what I can see this issue occurs due to the fact that OMV-release-upgrade does remove the current openmediavault package instead of upgrading it to OMV3. As a result the helper-functions scripts does not exist once required.

Zitat

root@mediavault:~# omv-release-upgrade
    Upgrading system to 3.0 (Erasmus) ...

[...]

The following packages will be REMOVED:
    cpp-4.7 g++-4.7 gcc-4.7 gcc-4.7-base libaudit0 libperl5.14 libsnmp15 libstdc++6-4.7-dev openmediavault php5-proctitle

Does anybody have an idea how to get around this issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is this an RPi?

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks a lot for the quick responses.

This is not a RPi, system is running on VMware ESXi 6.5
    And I confirm that this is a very old installation, I actually do not remember when I did setup initially. Must be some years ago :)

Thanks regarding the hint regarding/etc/apt/apt.conf.d , I will check if I can find anything

• I have located the file:

Code
    root@mediavault:/etc/apt/apt.conf.d# cat 99openmediavault-purge
    // Get rid of unneeded files after each package installation
    DPkg
    {
    Post-Invoke {". /etc/default/openmediavault; . /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions; if omv_checkyesno ${OMV_DPKG_POSTINVOKE_PURGE_MAN}; then if [ $(ps w -p $PPID | grep -c remove) != 1 ]; then echo 'Purging man pages ...'; rm -rf /usr/share/doc/* /usr/share/man/* /var/cache/man/*; else exit 0; fi; fi";};
    };

After removing this file omv-release-upgrade did successfully run through ... so thanks already for that hint :)

Unfortunately I do run in another issue during the post upgrade system reboot: my network interfaces do not come up anymore

Code
    Configuring network interfaces.../etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables: 5: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables: iptables: not found
    /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables: 6: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables: ip6tables: not found
    run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables exited with return code 127
    ifup: pre-up script failed.

Is this caused by another old leftover?

• I was able to manually copy the required packages and install them via dpkg -i
    Network is now up again, however I was still presented with an error during activation:

Code
    ifup -a
    /etc/network/if-up.d/openmediavault-issue: 37: /etc/network/if-up.d/openemediavault-issue: omv-mkconf: not found
    run-parts: /etc/network/if-up.d/openmediavault-issue exited with return code 127

There seems to be an issue with omv-mkconf
    If I check for installed openmediavault packages the following is returned:

Code
    root@mediavault:~# dpkg-query -l openm*
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name                               Version                Architecture           Description
    +++-==================================-======================-======================-==========================================================================
    rc  openmediavault                     2.2.13                 all                    Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring             1.0                    all                    GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc  openmediavault-website             0.1.1                  all                    OpenMediaVault Website plugin

Do I now need to run apt-get install openmediavault (which will install a big amount of additional packages) ?

"Upgrade" path for apt-get install openmediavault would fit but I have the feelign this would again break things ...

Code
    root@mediavault:/etc/apt# apt-cache policy openmediavault
    openmediavault:
      Installed: (none)
      Candidate: 3.0.72
      Version table:
         3.0.72 0
            995 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/ erasmus/main i386 Packages
         2.2.13 0
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

MAybe also this unmet dependency is causing an issue:

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     live-config-sysvinit : Depends: sysvinit-core but it is not going to be installed or
                                     sysvinit (< 2.88dsf-44) but 2.88dsf-59 is to be installed
    E: Broken packages
  • Since I am running on VMware I did now just give it a try (with a snapshot created before :) )

First I did run apt-get install openmediavault, this did run through without errors
    After that I was already able to access my previously created file shares ... so the old config was still there.
    Please note that I did NOT run "/usr/sbin/omv-initsystem" as suggested at the end of this apt-get install run.

Second I was trying to access the webgui but I was only presented the NGIX welcome screen.
    I was able to fix using the well know procedure e.g. describe here

As a third and last thing I did reboot the system since I did receive error "Failed to get D-Bus connection: Unknown error -1" at various occasions, e.g. when trying to change some openmediavault settings or when running apt-get.
    This error was also gone after reboot.

I will continiue to check my system in detail but from what I can see so far everything seems to be fine now.
    Thanks again for the assistance :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!