Network weird problem

• Hi I have an Odroid XU4 running OMV several months.

I give no hard use.

Just use RAID1 to store my pictures, FTP, SAMBA, Deluge, Plex and Nextcloud.

Few days ago I started to suffer randomly my network crashed, the router no longer was able to provide wifi connection, and eventually wire connectio neither.

I had my OMV connected to my ethernet in the Odroid.

I did some tests and I reallized the Odroid with the OMV was causing the crashes of my router.

Then I decided to try a USB Wifi adapter which worked like a charm. I got connection through wifi to my router so my OMV was working fine.

The problem came that it crashes my router again.

And no, the Torrent is merely testimonial, even if I disconnect, the Deluge service, plex, and I only let Nextcloud and FTP, Samba, I got crashed the router.

I had a spare router running OpenWRT and I configured as a switch but the OMV crashed the router even with the switch.

I would like some help to check some logs which hopefully can help.

I have OMV updated to the last version but this is going that way since the las three or four versions (all 3.0.xx).

Best regards.

• Looks like bad nic card. On similar cases I've seen on this issue at the forum. (whole lan breakdown) all of them pointed have faulty network card.
    If you have a smart switch maybe you can do port mirroring to see what is actually happening there.

The really weird thing is that it also happens with a USB Wifi adapter.

So that makes no sense to me.

If it were a faulty Ethernet adapter (which was my first idea) why would it happend when shifting to a USB Wifi adapter?

I am thinking to try an Ubuntu version and see what happends...

Best regards.

• I misunderstood then, thought that using a USB adapter didn't give any problems. You said that in the first post, so know you said it doesn't work ?

My fault not explaining my problem properly.

At the beggining of the router crashes I had the OMV connected through the ethernet fo the Odroid.

Then I decided to try the Wifi trhough an USB adapter, cause I though it could be a hardware failure of the Odroid.

But just few minutes after I connected the OMV through the USB wifi adapter it also crashed the router.

And just to point out that my server is really small I did tested with Delugue, and Plex swithched off in my OMV.

So I am out of ideas...

...Any suggestion would be much appreciated, I want to keep OMV running.

Best regards.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!