Attempt to expand ZFS corrupted metadata and now pool is not accessible. HALP.

• Ver 3.0.76

I added 3 disks and attempted an expand using the GUI. I received a message stating there was an error and recommend a reboot before any other action. After the reboot, the pool is not available and I cannot re-import it. I see all the disks available but ZFS cannot read a label.

During my troubleshooting, I upgraded the system. This started on 2.x and is now on 3.x. None of the information below has changed between versions.

Here is some data:

Bash
    root@omv:~# zpool import -a
    cannot import 'data-pool': one or more devices is currently unavailable
    root@omv:~#

Any help would be very much appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks. I did go there and it was no help.

So did you run the zpool status -x? I was also reading somewhere that there had been either an update or change to the zfs plugin....is the same plugin compatible with both versions of OMV.....it 'could' also be the upgrade that has in some way caused the error.

• So did you run the zpool status -x? I was also reading somewhere that there had been either an update or change to the zfs plugin....is the same plugin compatible with both versions of OMV.....it 'could' also be the upgrade that has in some way caused the error.

I can actually wipe it and go back to 2.x if needed but doubt it will help. Any other command involving the pool status will return a message that states the pool is unknown as it is not presented. So there is no "status".

I have a feeling it is lost but keep fighting. ..hate to do all that work again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can actually wipe it and go back to 2.x if needed but doubt it will help.

Not really. zfs isn't supported on Debian Wheezy anymore (never really was) so the zfs stuff has been pulled from OMV 2.x. The plugin isn't the problem either. The zfs packages might be.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Not really. zfs isn't supported on Debian Wheezy anymore (never really was) so the zfs stuff has been pulled from OMV 2.x. The plugin isn't the problem either. The zfs packages might be.

Well that's odd....I was on a stable working version when this all started....so...that is weird. The issue is the label on 0, I am sure....just no way to fix. Thanks for trying though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well that's odd....I was on a stable working version when this all started....so...that is weird. The issue is the label on 0, I am sure....just no way to fix. Thanks for trying though.

Thanks for being a smart ass. I said supported not working. If you installed the packages when ZoL still had their repo up for wheezy, then you could install it. Now it is gone.

I was just stating not to go back to OMV 2.x because you will have no zfs instead of label on 0 problem and that the plugin didn't cause this. But what do I know...

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for being a smart ass. I said supported not working. If you installed the packages when ZoL still had their repo up for wheezy, then you could install it. Now it is gone.
    I was just stating not to go back to OMV 2.x because you will have no zfs instead of label on 0 problem and that the plugin didn't cause this. But what do I know...

No. I understand and wasn't being a smartass.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!