owncloud installer script

• Hi,

I tried the install script, but I getting the Forbidden access error...
    Then I used the uninstall script and then installed again, still no change.
    I also noticed, that the script failed to create the directory /var/www/owncloud - I had to create it manually before the install, otherwise the script would fail.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you running the script as root?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

There must be something else going on with your install. The script downloads a package and installs it. This package creates the directory. So, it must be failing somewhere else. I'm guessing that it is the same problem with php that you had before. What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep owncloud
    dpkg -l | grep php
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    ls -al /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0

• Sorry answering that late, I've been on a business trip...
    I will replace my main board within the next weeks - so I will leave it as it is right now. I will have to reinstall then anyways.
    I'll retry your script with my fresh install at this point.
    Thanks for your efforts...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Forgot about it. I will look into it more tomorrow morning. It can be done but I need to figure out the php settings difference between OMV and owncloud.

• Thanks for the script. Worked like a charm.

One problem though. I've been trying to increase the Max.Upload size, but so far without any luck. Default was 2MB, i got it up to 8MB but thats it, everything > 8MB does not work. I've set every upload setting to 1024M but owncloud is always complaining about not enough space. My guess is that the php version is outdated. Has anyone else got this working ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

There was a typo in my script. Please delete the original install script and download a new one. You will also have to uninstall the previous version. Or you can just add the following lines to the end of /var/www/owncloud/php.ini

as root:

nano /var/www/owncloud/php.ini

Code
    max_execution_time=3600
    max_input_time=3600
    memory_limit=512M
    post_max_size=2000M
    upload_max_filesize=2000M
    max_file_uploads=10
    upload_tmp_dir=/var/www/owncloud/data

ctrl-o to save
    ctrl-x to exit
    /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "WastlJ"

have you tried it? or is there already a solution?

lookin´ still forward to get my ownlcoud to https://dyndnsadress/owncloud

Well, after quite a bit of work, I have to give up on your request. I can either get OMV to work or Owncloud to work because I have to choose a user to run under. If I use the openmediavault user, OMV works and owncloud doesn't even if I change the group ownership to users. If I use the owncloud user, then OMV doesn't work. I did a lot of searching and there are a lot of people asking for the ability to set the suexec user on a directory. So, until that happens, port-based is the best I can do.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How come you can't use the following?

http://dyndnsaddress:8080/

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Well, after quite a bit of work, I have to give up on your request. I can either get OMV to work or Owncloud to work because I have to choose a user to run under. If I use the openmediavault user, OMV works and owncloud doesn't even if I change the group ownership to users. If I use the owncloud user, then OMV doesn't work. I did a lot of searching and there are a lot of people asking for the ability to set the suexec user on a directory. So, until that happens, port-based is the best I can do.

This works for me. Instead of using a VirtualHost on port 8080 I'm simply doing a folder redirection. The good thing is , since OMV uses one config for both port 80 and 443 (SSL), owncloud can be reached via port 80 http://dyndns.com/owncloud and https://dyndns.com/ownlcoud using the OMV certificat.

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/*nameofowncloudsite*

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried folder redirection but had permission issues since has to use the openmediavault user. I created almost the same file but instead of its own sites-enabled file, I put it in the openmediavault-gui folder which would be enabled whenever the openmediavault site is enabled. What permissions do you have on the /var/www/cloud folder and it sub-directories/files?

• You're right.I had permission problems too, so I changed it to openmediavault:openmediavault. I actually intended to run all website stuff as www-data but that broke my web-interface even though apache is running as www-data.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Even though apache is running as www-data, it uses suexec to run the OMV gui as openmediavault. My port based script uses suexec to run as the owncloud user. I just can't do that with an alias. Is everything working with permissions of openmediavault:openmediavault?

• As far as I can tell everything is working fine. I tried messing around with the suexec user/group in the openmediavault config but that just broke the web-gui again, even with changed permissions. I'm kinda curious how deep the OMV user and group is attached to the system.

I've looked into all the other web-gui's (phpmyadmin,phpvirtualbox...), they're all setup as VirtualHosts but none of them seem to use a different user. So I don't quiet get why we should use another user for ownlcoud.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried running owncloud as the openmediavault user and had problems. Not sure if it is because the openmediavault user isn't in the users group??

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!