Updated to 3.0.80, now I can't check for updates

• Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1' with exit code '100': E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/apt.inc:218
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceApt->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus1J...', '/tmp/bgoutput5i...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/apt.inc(222): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceApt->update(NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('update', NULL, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Apt', 'update', NULL, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

No idea what to make of this. Any guidance that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• Code
    Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock

Something is using the APT lock file or it did not close properly. Try rebooting and if that doesnt work, SSH and run "rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock" then run "apt-get update" & "apt-get upgrade" in terminal.

• Code
    Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock

Something is using the APT lock file or it did not close properly. Try rebooting and if that doesnt work, SSH and run "rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock" then run "apt-get update" & "apt-get upgrade" in terminal.

That did the trick. Thank you very much.

rm -r /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
    Sometimes helps

Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV automatically checks for updates daily. You could just wait for it to finish. Removing the lock can cause problems.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV automatically checks for updates daily. You could just wait for it to finish. Removing the lock can cause problems.

Not sure what would have caused the lock in the first place. I had updated about 24 hours prior and did nothing unusual. I removed the lock as suggested, and it seems like some of the updates disappeared from the list (the firmware updates which I never installed). No biggie as those don't apply to me it seems to check for updates no problem now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure what would have caused the lock in the first place.

When OMV automatically checks for updates (apt-get update), it creates the lock. This prevents you from doing any apt functions until it is done.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!