USB stick not showing up in control panel

• Hi guys. I just plugged in a usb stick to the front of my nas and I can't see anything in the control panel. I am just testing my two front plugs and nothing shows up in the control panel. I just got an adapter I needed for my second usb 2 port and so far both light up the same when I plug the usb stick, but that's about it. Is there something that needs to be done in order to see anything plugged into the usb ports? I am on 3.0.86. I forgot to mention that this usb front panel is going through a hub that is connected to the internal usb port on the motherboard. This is the same place that the internal hard drive I am using for the OS is plugged into. Since there is only one port, I have to use the hub in order to be able to use the front usb port. One is a usb 3 port and the second one is a usb 2 port which is the adapter I just added to make sure I could plug into either port. Anyway I was just testing this at the moment. The good thing is that both seem to light up the led on the usb stick just the same. Other than this, I can't really do anything else with them.

I should note that I am not using any plug-ins. I just plugged the usb stick to both front ports to test and I thought It would show up in the control panel. If that's not how it would work here do let me know, thanks.

• Just an update on this. I thought I check with the usb stick on the back usb ports, both usb 2 and 3 and it looks to work fine there. I have one usb 2 and one usb3 on the front going into the usb 3 header on the motherboard but neither of these seems to pick up my usb stick. I'll unplug that adapter and try again, but I just thought I update this. You can see my memorex usb stick here. So at least it looks like that works from the back. I have no idea why it won't at the front ports. I'll unplug that adapter and check one more time. Although that adapter seems to be working fine.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well done.....sometimes it helps communicating with yourself.....one of you will come up with a solution :D:D tbh I did read this but I hadn't got a solution to offer.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Well done.....sometimes it helps communicating with yourself.....one of you will come up with a solution :D:D tbh I did read this but I hadn't got a solution to offer.

Haha, thanks, someone once told me it was good to think out loud. I guess the forum is my brainstorming session. Sometimes I may get a head of myself. My brain seems to always go faster than I want it to. :)

• To make this short, I found that the adapter didn't work with all pins plugged in. I ended up just plugging in one side and that made it work. I think having the whole connector mated to the board also stopped my usb 3 port from working, but I can't remember now. Either way they are both working and I added a few more pictures at the bottom of this page about this. Oh it also took me longer to post since I just found out my nikon software doesn't work now on my new setup. The program just refuses to work so I had to use my new found and awesome xnview MP program.
    http://jaimenow.blogspot.com/p…case-9-build-25-hard.html

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!