WebGUI for LAN only

• Hi there,

I have installed OVM recently and so far I do feel quite comfortable with it. Last feature missing is a restriction of the WebGUI for remote connections. I already tried to override the default nginx-config with a custom one but it didn´t work as expected. Thank you for any hint.

Greetz,
    Plex

• Take a look at the OMV firewall. You can set up IP tables from where you want to be able to connect to your WebIF (Port 80 / 443)

You can find it here: System --> Network --> Firewall

OMV 4.x| HP Microserver | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD for system | 4x 2TB in a RAID5
    OMV 4.x| Odroid XU4 | 5TB Data drive | 500GB Backup drive
    OMV 5.x| Raspberry Pi 4 | 6TB Data drive | 500GB SSD drive

• There are services running on port 80 (redirect to ssl) and 443 my OVM-machine I want to access form outside like nextcloud and plex. determination of those services made by subdomains - sufficent security gained via fail2ban.

Unfortunately it seems not to be possible to add some rules to the webGUI-vhost like

Code
    allow 192.168.0.0/24;
    deny all;

Would it hurt to add this manually?

edit:
    won´t work as the local IP is replaced by the external IP of my dyndns-domain

• Dangerous advice!

???

He asked about a restriction for remote connection. I thought about blocking all IPs except local ones. So why should this be dangerous at all?

OMV 4.x| HP Microserver | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD for system | 4x 2TB in a RAID5
    OMV 4.x| Odroid XU4 | 5TB Data drive | 500GB Backup drive
    OMV 5.x| Raspberry Pi 4 | 6TB Data drive | 500GB SSD drive

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!