MiniDLNA rescan every startup

• Sometimes you have to do maintenance on the server and the time to reboot is part of it.

If you are turning off OMV to save on electricity maybe try setting up wake on LAN, it is my understanding then most systems will use less than 10 watts while waiting on WOL. And having a UPS can help with those random momentary power outages.

You may want to look into using PlexMediaServer which also does DLNA, though it takes a long time to initially create it's database, it seems to retain it between boots.

Hope you provided an alternative for your wife's pictures. Otherwise the OMV box may find it's way to the front yard!

Take Care and Good Luck!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just a note... Twonky rescans on every reboot/restart as well. The difference is the files are accessible while it is rescanning.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

twonky 7.2 is not.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I use the timetable option to shut down every midnight and I use wol to start the omv box every time I need it. So it's not completely off power. That's the reason I was wondering about the rescans.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!