[SOLVED] Crashplan error after rebuild

• Hello,
    I have my OMV running like a dream, i reinstalled the 64bit version and reinstalled all my settings and now have it doing almost exactly everything i want.
    I have 2 issues i could do with a hand with, This one is crashplan.

I have followed all the crashplan headless install instructions and it seems to be running ok on OMV but the client connects from my mac via ssh forwarding and immediately either disconnects or tells me that it cannot login and if it continues to reinstall.
    I have reinstalled but it didnt make any difference, does any one use this on 64bit OMV ?
    any help appreciated.

i should add that when i was using the 32bit OMV it worked great.

OptiPlex 9020M USFF 8GB RAM

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von deejc ()

• that would fantastic, i have followed a lot of guides on changing the conf files etc and i cannot get it to work.
    i have also opened a case with crashplan but didnt hear anything back
    i even installed x forwarding and run it using xquartz on my mac and it does the same thing.

• Check this file and make sure it has these lines correct: /etc/ssh/sshd_config

X11Forwarding yes (make sure no # before and it says "yes")

AddressFamily inet (make it says "inet", it may say "any")

save changes and then:

/etc/init.d/ssh restart

Try that and let me know. Reboot too.

• still the same, the x forwarding was working correctly, even if i start the crashplandesktop on the omv box it starts the gui but shows
    !System Error : if problem persists re-install crashplan

• The service engine was not running. Run this command:

service crashplan start (<---pretty sure this is your issue. the backup engine did not start autmatically with install.)

Then:

PS- This was done with the latest build. Not the old one that was in that guide. I had no issues at all with x11 forwarding.

• Just a question, is this "Backup for friends" Feature encrypted?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thanks, then i may have a look at it myself later.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• 1)From the terminal on your Mac:

ssh -X root@ipofyouromv (whatever ip your omv is)

2) login and then start CrashPlan.

/usr/local/bin/CrashPlanDesktop

You were using the wrong command to ssh into your OMV. If you look at the old guide here on OMV forums it uses Putty and doesn't mention tunneling any ports via ssh. That command that you are using is if you have CrashPlan installed on the machine your on and want to use the Desktop app on that machine to connect to your server. Here see this:

http://support.crashplan.com/d…nfigure_a_headless_client

• If you want to use that ***command below you need to edit this ui.properties file on your mac. You are not using x11 forwarding with this method. You are just tunneling some ports from the Desktop App on your Mac to your OMV. If you wanna go x11 I'm not sure if you need a client on the mac to host the x11 session. On windows we need to use Xming. I'm not an Apple fan.

Open file ui.properties in a text editor. (locations)
    Edit the line:
    servicePort=4243
    to this:
    servicePort=4200

*** ssh -L 4200:localhost:4243 root@ipofyouromv

1) After editing the file above you would use the ssh tunnel command and login.
    2) Start Crashplan with terminal on the Mac via the ssh session to your OMV.
    3) Then you would click on the Desktop Icon for Crashplan on your Mac, like you were starting it normal on that machine but it will turnnel to your OMV.

• sorry maybe i am not being clear.
    I have done everything needed to use ssh port forwarding and it didnt work.
    So i install xorg and tried ssh x window forwarding and it gives me the same error
    so if i use the local client on my mac or the client on my omv box i get the same error.

i have edited the ui file and use the ssh -L 4200:localhost:4243 root@ipofyouromv and i get error
    i log on to the omv box using ssh -X root@ .... and i run /usr/local/bin/CrashPlanDesktop and the mac equivalent of xming (xquartz) shows me the ui and i get the same error, So by process of elimination i am assuming its not a problem with ssh, it must be something on the omv box, java, crash plan, etc i cannot see what from the logs.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!