Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker

• Of course, the web page pihole does not open until I do ping command from container console pihole.
    After that I have comunnications with pihole (ping, web, dns, etc.) to pihole from my pc (of course only from pc)

Still problem with sdcard? So how i can install pihole on rpi?only SDcard slot...or tried change to adguard?

• Offizieller Beitrag

So how i can install pihole on rpi?only SDcard slot.

If you go back to the how-to, create the folders on the sd card, so if you have a W10 machine install WinSCP and log in to OMV then create the folders as displayed in the how-to. So create the directory doackerparms under / (which is root) then open that directory and create pihole then pihole create dnsmasq.d then use those as your pihole config directories for portainer, so they are the host setting.

• But i did it. I do it step by step like how-to, but in portainer (mapping sdcard appdata/pihole,appdata/pihole/dnsmasq to container) . PiHole (without dhcp server) working. But...problem with network communications. I need open container console and do command ping to my pc. This is unblock network traffic to my pc. But no for other my devices. Before last step PC doesn't see pihole web, ip address (ping), nslookup doesn't connect server pihole etc. After that working...but is only "visible" to my pc.
    I don't understand why the PC can't see pihole before I ping PC from pihole container in docker.

• No, according to your post 112 the host path is /srv/dev/disk etc that implies/suggests that it is not on the sd card but on an external drive.

yes,correct, but this sdcard third part /dev/mmcblk0p3 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data

• I'm sorry I don't understand OMV will use all of the SD Card unless it has been partitioned to use the unused space, which is not a good idea.

I prepare sdcard with omv5 rpi how-to, when I have sdcard ready, installed omv5 from script.there were 2 partitions -boot,rootfs. But, when i would like to add shared folders (to create appdata) Select device was empty (only my raid external disk). So I readed about this, then system partiton cannot mount in shared folders...correct?

EDIT: BTW, I get docker image adguard, stopped pihole and mount macvlan net. It started without a problem, it can be seen by devices. DHCP server i don't tested at the moment.

• Offizieller Beitrag

But, when i would like to add shared folders (to create appdata) Select device was empty (only my raid external disk). So I readed about this, then system partiton cannot mount in shared folders...correct?

Install the openmediavault-sharerootfs plugin.

omv 7.1.0-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

ut still no ping,web after start container/pihole. Please look at the pictures. 22.png and 23.png this is effect after ping from container.

So, maybe this is any problem with rpi drivers,firmware?i don't no....

Your setup needs help. You have port 53 in there twice. You also have the web interface on port 80 which is going to conflict with OMV (unless you changed it).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.1

• Your setup needs help. You have port 53 in there twice. You also have the web interface on port 80 which is going to conflict with OMV (unless you changed it).

Port 53 twice....yes...Like Docker HUB Pihole
    53 for UDP, 53 for TCP.
    Port 80 I changed in OMV to other...but are you sure,does it matter? Because I use macvlan and other IP then OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have port 53 in there twice. You also have the web interface on port 80 which is going to conflict with OMV

That's fine, that's the config for pi-hole using a macvlan.

So, maybe this is any problem with rpi drivers,firmware?i don't know....

Don't think it's firmware, but the one difference I have noticed is your network ownership is public, have you changed that yourself within portainer as mine is administrators.

• Offizieller Beitrag

53 for UDP, 53 for TCP.
    Port 80 I changed in OMV to other...but are you sure,does it matter? Because I use macvlan and other IP then OMV.

You are right. Didn't notice the udp and tcp difference or that you were using macvlan.

Did you change the system to use iptables-legacy? If not, custom networks don't work because docker doesn't support iptables-nft. update-alternatives --set iptables /usr/sbin/iptables-legacy

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you change the system to use iptables-legacy? If not, custom networks don't work because docker doesn't support iptables-nft.

Well that's odd because I have pi-hole working on my OMV5 test machine ?( using @crashtest how-to

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well that's odd because I have pi-hole working on my OMV5 test machine

And you created a custom network?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep

What is the output of: ls -al /etc/alternatives/ip*

• Offizieller Beitrag
  • What is the output of: ls -al /etc/alternatives/ip*

For me:

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls -al /etc/alternatives/ip*
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Sep 26 01:08 /etc/alternatives/ip6tables -> /usr/sbin/ip6tables-nft
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Sep 26 01:08 /etc/alternatives/ip6tables-restore -> /usr/sbin/ip6tables-nft-restore
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Sep 26 01:08 /etc/alternatives/ip6tables-save -> /usr/sbin/ip6tables-nft-save
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Sep 26 01:08 /etc/alternatives/iptables -> /usr/sbin/iptables-nft
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 Sep 26 01:08 /etc/alternatives/iptables-restore -> /usr/sbin/iptables-nft-restore
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Sep 26 01:08 /etc/alternatives/iptables-save -> /usr/sbin/iptables-nft-save

So, I changed again @geaves "ave you changed that yourself within portainer as mine is administrators." and no result.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!