Reboot now at Grub Rescue ver 4.1.23

• Been running OMV for many years.. Since OMV2.. Installed new processor the other day to an i7 4th gen booted up and everything was fine. Ran for 2 days but needed a better CPU heat sink since trans-coding multiple plex streams was putting the CPU temp near max.
    Today I received my new cpu heat sink. Shutdown server. Installed new CPU heat sink.. Rebooted and it went to initramfs.
    Pulled all data drives started back up with just the OS drive.. Now at Grub rescue..

I can see the files in (hd0,msdos5)/boot/grub but don't know what to edit or change.

When running "set" at Grub Rescue prompt everything looks fine.

Anyone have an idea or place where I can do more research or should I just re-install? ughhh.
    Re-install isn't that bad but I have never been able to get the plex database to remain OK after a re-install..

Thanks,

Mike

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do you have Plex installed (docker, command line install, etc.) and where is your data base stored. If it's stored on one of the data drives, if you were to reinstall it should be as simple as pointing the new install at your old database folder.

If it's on your OS drive, then you'd probably need to back it up first, then move it back after the install.

Seems strange a heat sink would cause this though.

I admit I'm no grub expert, but have you tried/seen the below (I'd do so w/ the data drives disconnected so there's no confusion on which drive it goes to)

http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/…scue-or-recover-grub-menu

• The plex install is via the omv-extras plugin and the database is on the data drive. In the past I have attempted to point to the plex database but it never worked. It always recreated the database which took days to finish. I may have to try again later today.

Thanks for the link. I have tried the first method and am about to attempt one of the USB live methods later today.

I don't think the Heat sink did it either.. Reading some forum's it has been reported with a hardware change but why after the second boot with the new processor. Weird..

• After booting to a Live Debian the drive is on its way out.. Read write errors, sector errors. Switched SATA cables and ports but it didn't help..
    Time to re-install and see if I can keep the Plex database...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!