I previously had started using Docker to run a number of services on my server in OMV3.
I recnetly upgraded to OMV4, but due to my USB failing, I had to actually start from scratch on a new USB. I started setting up the same service, but Plex is pretty much my first and most critical one. It installed fine, but when I went to play the movies, I received this error: Conversion failed. The transcoder exited due to an error.
- i tried the Android app on my phone, and it plays video files fine.
- I tried different video files, and a few of them work, but most of them do not. I cannot see a pattern, in terms of resolution, quality or anything else.
- I've checked the permissions, and I can't see any issues there. In fact, I tried opening up a movie to Everyone and it still wouldn't play.
- I tried running a different Plex Docker image, and the same thing occurred
- I tried Emby, and it works fine playing movies in the browser (unfortunately, you have to use Premium to play movies from the Windows app).
- I tried the Windows and Xbox apps, and they are also failing to play movies (however, the work around I found was using the Plex plugin on Kodi on the Xbox, strange)
I tried looking in the log files and I can't see any errors that would indicate what's going wrong?
I'm a bit annoyed, as I never had any issues running docker images in OMV3, so not sure what I'm doing wrong now? It was usually only due to permissions and quickly resolved.
Any help would be appreciated, as I'm really frustrated that it's become so hard to do something that should be relatively simple...