RPi and other SBC/armbian images

• I am your fan (OMV), I am using OMV since R-pi2 (OMV 3) and until now, using R-pi3, and Tinkerboard (R-pi4 not release yet), I don't have any issue and enjoy it for almost 1-2 years without being touch directly until one day (exactly around december 2020) my OMV 4 (after updated OS) have several issues

• Dropping the file transfer in the mid of process (only in ARMBIAN)
    • wsdd looping

then, in January I bought new R-pi3B+ (which is already 802.11 ac and Gigabit Interface, it's worthed compared R-pi4) and R-pi4.

Since I am developing new products for our market in automobile so I need to testing which is most affordable (price after design & assembling) thus I use those models to test-out are they face the same issue with existing my old R-pi3B and Tinkerboard, the result as I shared with you.

I deployed in several network scenarios for those models

1. Home Network connection - no Proxy, filtering mostly for brute force knock down (incoming SSH & FTP), VLAN enabled, VPN Server enabled to manage my several router across nations.
    2. LTE/3G Network connection - filtering is on the telco, which is out-of my control.

I deployed in several repository scenarios for those models

1. Using our local repository of raspbian and debian (Raspberry) and EU repository of armbian.
    2. Using default repository of raspbian and debian (Raspberry) and Asia repository of armbian.

The results both of them are SAME for wsdd error looping, and as you said as well, WHY? What Happen .... therefor I testing several times to make sure, even I bought and borrowed SBC from my friends and colleague the results are same ....

Hmmmm ............. I am lost in middle of nowhere :D:D:D

• Offizieller Beitrag

One of the other moderators ran down the only reference to -> "wsdd loop" that he (and now I) is aware of. This issue was opened for wsdd version 0.6 The issue appears to have been fixed and closed on June 28, 2020.

This is the version of wsdd I have installed:

Code
    pi@R-PI4:~ $ apt list wsdd
    Listing... Done
    wsdd/usul,usul,now 0.6.2-1 all [installed,automatic]

If I were to speculate, actually it's more of a WAG, the Debian Buster software mirrors in your area may be "updating" both installations with an older and outdated wsdd package. If the version you find is different from the above, a potential solution might be to run the images, without updating them, to see what happens, or apply the work around fix from github.

When SBC's are working correctly, mitigating or avoiding issues like this is relatively easy with -> OS backup. All it takes is a second SD-card.

• Mine,

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is all I can suggest; -> create an issue.

Or turn WSDD off.

sudo service wsdd stop

The device will disappear from the windows network view but it will still be possible to map a network drive, from the device.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Last thing - before WSDD was adopted, I used to do short cuts based on IP address and pin one to Quick access and drop another on the desktop.

This "whatever it is" might be corrected in the next couple updates.

• The RPi and SBC/Armbian images on sourceforge have been deleted. Please using the Raspbian Buster Lite or the proper Armbian image and follow the guide here to install OMV - https://forum.openmediavault.o…-Armbian-Supported-SBC-s/

I am brand new to the OMV scene, and I'm trying to follow the directions, but when I run the code wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash I am getting an error "OMV 6.x on RPi is waiting for a fix. Exiting...". Any ideas on when this might get fixed, or am I missing something?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any ideas on when this might get fixed, or am I missing something?

As soon as 6.0.10 is released.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• As soon as 6.0.10 is released.

Can you give some pointers to what this is all about?

Or just a link to understand why it's been blocked?

thanks

Saw it, thank you geaves

Upgrading openmediavault package 6.0.7-1 -> 6.0.8-1 wants to remove sddm and task-kde-desktop · Issue #1186 · openmediavault/openmediavault (github.com)

• Offizieller Beitrag

just a link to understand why it's been blocked?

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…s/installScript/issues/71

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Offizieller Beitrag

The install should be ok now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If anyone wonders why you should use the 64bit image on an RPi, look at the benchmarking - https://www.phoronix.com/scan.…berrypi-32bit-64bit&num=1

• Offizieller Beitrag

The wiki stills recommend 32bits right?

Which wiki? And if it does, it should be changed in my opinion.

• Offizieller Beitrag

crashtest Since the 64bit image has been officially released and it works on every RPi that omv-extras supports, I think the wiki should point to the 64 bit image. Thoughts?

• Hi.

Since the OP links to the OMV installation guides for SBCs, I suppose this is the correct thread to post my issue.

I tried installing OMV on my Banana Pi M1, but I keep hitting a wall.

Following this guide from early 2024 by crashtest, I installed debian bullseye and subsequently ran the install script, following the guide closely. Unfortunately, the OMV installation script seems to run into a few directory trees that branch up differently than expected. E.g., this location:

Code
    http://armbian.systemonachip.net/apt bullseye Release

Inspecting this URL using a web browser, there is an additional directory "dists" that would contain a "bullseye" directory. But the script does not look inside that directory. Hence, it cannot finish installing OMV and it exits with these lines:

Code
    E: The repository 'http://apt.armbian.com bullseye Release' does not have a Release file.
    [2024-03-05 08:08:39+0000] [omvinstall] failed to update apt repos.

Or am I mistaken? I am not a linux expert.

I already wrote my issue to the omvguide gmail e-mail address, where I also attached my install.log that shows the errors the install script ran into.

I tried the default version of bullseye (I guess that is the CLI version) and the minimal version, both from the archive web page.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately, when it comes to older releases, the Armbian group tends to move on quickly. There's not much that can be done where Armbian's older (sometimes archived) repo's are involved.

Download Armbian Bookworm Minimal, at the bottom of -> this page and use -> this guide to install the latest version, OMV7.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!