Transmission download to rootfs

• Transmission worked properly few days ago. When I download movies today, it says storage full. I checked logs, found it seems transmission is downloading files into rootfs. The root drive is full now and I can't login WebUI. How can I fix it and find those file on root?
    This happens once before. I reconfigured transmission to solve it for some days. And it happened again now. I don't know why

• It could be that the location that you usually download to has gone offline hence the rootfs filling up. Login to the system with Putty or WinSCP for example and delete or move the movies, or delete throught the Transmission UI. Once you create space reboot and the Web GUI should be available and you can fix the underlying problem.

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von johnvick ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you can't find the files, it can help if you search for them when the system is not running. The device that was offline may be online now and the mounted device may hide the files written to the mount point. You see the contents of the mounted device at the mount point, not the contents of the mount point itself.

Boot some linux distro from other media, perhaps a thumbdrive, and then examine the full rootfs.

If you are using USB drives then that may be the cause. USB can be a bit unstable compared to SATA.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!