Where are the sharedfolders located?

• Hi,

I am trying to update a script to access my sharedfolders.
    In OMV4 I could just find them in /sharedfolders.
    However in OMV5 (although I have created sharedfolders in the GUI) they are no longer shown in /sharedfolders. (also not when using ls - al)
    Where have the sharedfolders gone?
    Thanks for you support.

John

• The feature to place them in /sharedfolders was disabled by default in OMV 5. See:

Code
    https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/31191-OMV-5-3-3-1-disabling-sharedfolder-feature-why/?pageNo=1

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks for your prompt reply, gderf.
    So if I understand correctly:
    - I should use the actual path of the share in scripts instead, OR
    - create a symlink and use that in the script.

The OMV5 GUI still uses the 'sharedfolder names' defined in the services (f.e. RSync (source and destination), FTP (shared folder), NFS (shared folder) , SMB / CIFS (shared folder), etc)
    I tried to find /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DISKNAME/SHARENAME but could not find these. Only the actual paths.
    So I guess that next to creating sharedfolders in the sharedfolder tab I should create symbolic links for each of these to have references to the sharedfolders in a 'short way'?

• I would use the actual path. Symlinks can work, but are an extra step and one more thing that can be broken.

Creating a share is still something that is needed if some thing you are trying to configure uses a drop down list and can not have a path inserved by the user.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Just a reminder. When you create a shared folder you select a disk, and then a folder on that disk. If the folder doesn't exist, it is created for you. That's where the shared folder is located.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!