5.3.4.1 memory usage

• hi guys ,when i fist installed ovm and some containers the memory usage was max 2% woth the containers not running , i then installed fashmemory plugin and the memory usage went up to about 17% constantly ,i did uninstall the plug in but the memory usage still high, can you help me please , still learning.
    thanx

• Offizieller Beitrag

The flashmemory moves some files to memory to save writes to your physical disk. This is to be expected. Linux also uses memory to cache often used files. There was a bug in the memory display that was fixed recently. So, your system was not using 2% with containers running. Unless it starts swapping, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

why is it that some folders created by apps running in containers are impossible to delete no matter what file permissions i choose

No idea. How are you trying to delete them?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

From my laptop on the network share window .

That doesn't tell me what OS the laptop is running or what protocol the network share is using but either way, the user you are connecting to the share with must not have permissions to delete the file. If you couldn't delete the files with root while logged into via ssh, that would tell me something else (probably the filesystem was read only).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!