Reinstall OMV with snapraid and existing drives?

• hi, my os drive is full from some glitych or something... no space on disk. This is omv 4, with snapraid, unionfs, ext4 drives both data and 2 parity drives.

I can access system using putty, and see the shared directories from the network as well as "file commander" (?), but there is no gui interface. I also have a backup.

I need advice on best practices and anticipated sequence of restoration and expectations.

I gather from research in this forum that omv/snapraid can be re-installed using existing data disks. Will the new install simply mount the drives and recognize names, and whether they are data or parity drives, etc, using the original configurations?

I understand that disconnecting data and parity disks during the omv install is recommended. Is snapraid then installed with no disks, after which the disks are reconnected? Or are the data disks connected prior to snapRaid installation. This system was flawless for three years but after I installed bitWarden, started to have multiple issues immediately and within a couple days the os disk was full. I assume from continuous error logging.

Any info is appreciated.

• No need to re-install...deleted old syslog and daemon.log files that were total 133gb...the ran firstaid to "apt clean", "clear webgui cache", then able to access web gui, then turned off clam "on access scans"...this stopped continuous errors in both log file...

Back to normal with no need to re-install!!!

• Sorry for hijacking this thread, but my question is very much the same except I want to upgrade from omv4.x to omv 5.x so my question is pretty much the same as I will remove the current OS disk and put a different disk in it's place and do a fresh install of omv5.x

1) Will the new install simply mount the drives and recognize names, and whether they are data or parity drives, etc, using the original configurations?

I understand that disconnecting data and parity disks during the omv install is recommended.

2) Is snapraid then installed with no disks, after which the disks are reconnected? Or are the data disks connected prior to snapRaid installation.

My system has also been flawless for years but I would like to upgrade. I use minimal plugins but snapraid is a biggie for me.

My system has 1 x os drive, 3 x 3tb parity drives, and 8 x 2tb data drives in a supermicro 846 chassis. dual cpu and 48gb ram.

This serves as the center point for the various kodi boxes I have around the house. It is currently wife approved, and I want to keep it that way.

Any direction is greatly appreciated.

• 1) No.

2) Have the disks connected, recognized, and mounted before installing the snapRAID plugin.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• @edothe I did it so yesterday:

Install OMV without the Disks connected. Install Snapraid.

Connect the Data disk. Go to File Systems and mount the disk. It will recognize the Disk Labels

Go to Shared Folders, add Share, choose the Data Disk, choose the existing path and give the same name. Choose the appropriate permissions.

Go to SMB, Activate and go to Shares. Add the shares.

Connect the Parity Disk and mount it.

Go to Snapraid and add the Data and Parity

Go to Scheduled Jobs and add the the commands for the Snapraid.

• Thanks for the replies.

It will be next weekend before I can do anything but at least now I have a place to start.

Hi edothe... How did it go? I want to do exactly the same. i.e. I have OMV4 installed on an SSD and plan to purchase another 128GB SSD to install OMV5 with Snapraid. Anything special to watch out for? Also, what did you do with any docker containers? Did you re-configure from scratch? Not looking forward to that bit...

Cheers

Will

OMV 6. ASRock J5005-ITX, Crucial 8GB Kit (4 GB x 2) (DDR4, 2400 MT/s). Fractal Design Node 304. Crucial BX500 128 GB system drive. 4 X WD Red 6 TB. 2 X 8 TB external Western Digital Elements USB.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!