OMV 5 best practices for LAMP server

• Hi,

I'm using OMV 5 for sometime now but it's pretty basic setup. Now I would like to setup a LAMP server for development purposes. I have a Docker and Portainer already installed. After login in into Docker I see that I can add Containers from template.

I should just Add container from template for Nginx/Apache, php and MySQL?

Another question, I think that this containers are added to the storage where OMV is? Is this common setup? For OS I use 120GB SSD, I would prefer to keep all my files and databases on my 2 x 4TB IronWolf's (working in Raid1). Or this is separate thing, I can have container at this 120GB SSD but websites files on 4TB?

I would like to have a mapped directory at my PC like a regular share where all my websites file would be stored.

Thank you.

ps. If you recommend using some other Docker image for LAMP server let me know.

• You can have both; i mean container's data and website's data on your raid (if this is what you want of course), in this case for instance just you need to create two folder on it, call them let's say "AppData" and "Sharedfolder" or whatever you want, then you create two shared folders in OMV connecting them to those two folder previously created on the raid and when you build a new container in storage section you use the two shared folder insteadof phisical ones.

If you have a look to some technodadlife video on youtube you will easly find out what i exactly mean :)

• Using locations in /sharedfolders/ for docker volume and bind mounts is no longer recommended.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Well, i just called that folder the same way, but what i ment is to create a folder called Sharedfolder or whatewer he want into the raid volume...

• Well, i just called that folder the same way, but what i ment is to create a folder called Sharedfolder or whatewer he want into the raid volume...

Creating a folder called "Sharedfolder" will be the source of much future confusion, both to the user and the forum when support is needed.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!