VDR Plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't really have anything working yet because my coax cable is not long enough to reach my server. I tried going through the plugin without but nothing works. Not sure if that is because of no channels found and/or the atsc card. I do know the drivers are loaded for the card (using backports kernel). I have another coax cable but I need to find it. Haven't had much time to work on it though.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I try this plugin but i have an error when i try to go the the VDR gui :
    "Connexion impossible vers VDR localhost:2001"

I try to check the status of vdr
    service vdr status : Getting status of Linux Video Disk Recorder: vdr - is not running.

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5

• Zitat von "JBLSteeve"

I try this plugin but i have an error when i try to go the the VDR gui :
    "Connexion impossible vers VDR localhost:2001"

I try to check the status of vdr
    service vdr status : Getting status of Linux Video Disk Recorder: vdr - is not running.

There is a bug in the plugin. To fix this issue go to OMV webinterface and select:
    Access Right Management->Shared Folders
    Click on the folder you selected for "Recording directory" and press ACL on the top ribbon. (Recording directory on VDR plugin page.)
    Enable read/write for user vdr.
    After this disable and enable vdr, then it should startup.

See picture for reference.

• I try to add the write acces to vdr user on my recording directory, but i have the same error.
    Can you tell me where i can find the log ?

Thanks

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5

• Did you have a VDR installation before you installed the plugin? Port 2001 is the old port. Seems that the VDR and VDRAdmin-AM are from the Debian repo. Go to OMV web interface (System->Update Manager) and try to update VDR and VDRAdmin-AM.

VDR log goes to syslog. That is viewable through OMV web interface (Diagnostics->System Logs).

• No it's a fresh install of OMV 0.5.
    I add all the plugin repository. Maybe i can't ?

For VDR gui i have always the same error

• Hi SVS is it possible for you to add the analouge plugin in VDR http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Pvrinput-plugin I have an old pvr-500 and would like to get it to work with VDR. You can add the plugin with the needed ivtv drivers. Sine I don't have my VB card yet I would to test to see if this pvr-500 would work. If you add the http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Wirbelscan-plugin you can scan channels in analogue as well.

• I check the system Logs :
    Dec 22 20:52:55 NAS vdr-kbd: [24063] cTimeMs: using monotonic clock (resolution is 1 ns)
    Dec 22 20:52:56 NAS vdr-kbd: [24112] cTimeMs: using monotonic clock (resolution is 1 ns)
    Dec 22 20:52:56 NAS runvdr: stopping after fatal fail (/usr/bin/vdr-kbd : option non reconnue « --filesize »)

• Zitat von "JBLSteeve"

I check the system Logs :
    Dec 22 20:52:55 NAS vdr-kbd: [24063] cTimeMs: using monotonic clock (resolution is 1 ns)
    Dec 22 20:52:56 NAS vdr-kbd: [24112] cTimeMs: using monotonic clock (resolution is 1 ns)
    Dec 22 20:52:56 NAS runvdr: stopping after fatal fail (/usr/bin/vdr-kbd : option non reconnue « --filesize »)

You have the old version of vdr that is from the debian repo.

Go to OMV web interface (System->Update Manager) and update VDR and VDRAdmin-AM.

Or in shell:

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
  • I make an update and upgrade, but no update of VDR.

Can you tell me the source of the repository, maybe i didn't have to good one ?
    Thanks

• It's working now.
    I remove the plugin VDR, I uncheck the VDR plugin repository.Reboot and make the install. (Check the plugin repository and install VDR)

Thanks for your help

• I have your plugin installed all is fine. Its a fresh install from 0.4 still running on same hardware. On your plugin page you can set country and select satellite however it does not list the correct ones. I selected DVB-S, country Canada and its suppose to have 97.0 west galaxy but its not listed. Also what happens if you have multiple satellites in a multiple lnb setup. There should be an option to select more satellites. So far it works well and is very responsive but since I have not received my dvb-s card I cannot test.

• Zitat von "Cpoc"

I have your plugin installed all is fine. Its a fresh install from 0.4 still running on same hardware. On your plugin page you can set country and select satellite however it does not list the correct ones. I selected DVB-S, country Canada and its suppose to have 97.0 west galaxy but its not listed. Also what happens if you have multiple satellites in a multiple lnb setup. There should be an option to select more satellites. So far it works well and is very responsive but since I have not received my dvb-s card I cannot test.

The plugin lists the satellites that can be used by w-scan (software that scans the channels). All the choices available in w-scan are listed in the OMV gui.

I found that current version installed with this plugin comes from the Debian repo. There is a possibility to get that also from e-tobi.net repo. It will take some time before this will be added to the plugin. The multi lnb setup is also something that will take some.

I'll test the next version this week. Hopefully those couple of bugs are gone with the new version...
    After the new version Live and streamdev-server are things that will be worked on next. (Available in a couple of weeks)

Thanks for the feedback!

• I see makes sense I thought I did something wrong or was missing something. I see you are going to add the Live plugin but what about the other plugins like pvrinput-plugin for analogue support and the others I mentioned above. Sine this is not my final version of omv I will attempt to install those plugins by source and see if they work. It would be really nice to get my my old pvr500 card working again. As of now I have it in a windows server in nextpvr but going to see if I can get it working in vdr. We need mc2xml http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/ for many people in USA and Canada that use schedules direct. Mc2xml converts EPG data to XMLTV format and then we need xml2vdr to convert to VDR format https://github.com/rdaoc/xmltv2vdr

• A new version of the plugin is available :!:

Zitat von "Cpoc"

I see makes sense I thought I did something wrong or was missing something. I see you are going to add the Live plugin but what about the other plugins like pvrinput-plugin for analogue support and the others I mentioned above. Sine this is not my final version of omv I will attempt to install those plugins by source and see if they work. It would be really nice to get my my old pvr500 card working again. As of now I have it in a windows server in nextpvr but going to see if I can get it working in vdr. We need mc2xml http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/ for many people in USA and Canada that use schedules direct. Mc2xml converts EPG data to XMLTV format and then we need xml2vdr to convert to VDR format https://github.com/rdaoc/xmltv2vdr

Honestly that sounds like a lot of work and analog TV is a dying breed. And I don't know if any of the developers have analog cards so that would be quite hard to test. We will see what can be done...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!