unable to add new external HDD

• I purchased a 4th WD elements HDD last year and was able to add that without any problems.

I have just bought a new one (again 4tb WD elements ecternal drive) and am really struggling this to OMV.

I triedd adding it with the old drive attached and I could not add it, i did not take a copy of the error as i assumed it was because there was a drive with the same name attached (The old drive showed as empy (well 200mb) on the file systems tab, basically copying the new drive).

I tried unplugging the old drive, rebooting then adding the new drive, and when i try to share the drive i get the following error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-4tb\x281\x29.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for sharedfolders-4tb\x281\x29.mount failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.

is there something i am missing please?

• I would assume that you have referencies to the old drive (Shared folders, Samba shares...) which you have not removed before you have unplugged the old drive.

Try to connect both drives and then move the referencies from the old to the new drive.

There is a known issue with some USB cases which announces the serial number of the case to OMV instead of the SN of the drive. If two of them are used in parallel OMV can´t differentiate them.

Try to set different labels to both drives.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• ok, i may well be having a senior moment, but...

I was able to relabel the new drive, however as soon as i try to mount the driver i get the following:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-mkconf collectd 2>&1' with exit code '1': sed: can't read /usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph: No such file or directory
    run-parts: /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/collectd.d/sensors exited with return code 2

• Please remove the new drive from the OMV system and ensure that you can save any desired configuration change then (try to modify any other setting). Just to clarify that the error is related to the new drive and not caused by other effects.

Did you try to install the sensors plugin? The error message points in that direction.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!