Is this now the correct way to install OMV [Sanity check]

• Hello,

It's a while since I have last installed OMV.

I wanted to check I am not missing anything obvious.

I will be installing OMV on a Rock64 single board computer.

Is my understanding of the installation method correct?

1. Download and install Armbian buster

2. At the armbian buster terminal run - wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash

I know this seems like a daft questions but in the past I am sure there was an .ISO that you could download and there was no need to install Armbian buster first.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are ISOs for amd64 but never for arm boards. There used to be an image that OMV already installed but it was a nightmare to maintain and OMV 5 doesn't install in chroot (needed to create an image). So, I wrote a script to install it on an armbian maintained image.

This guide has all the info you need - Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms but your basic method is right.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the reply ryecoaaron

I think in the past I had installed on amd64.

Is there any benefits or drawbacks to installing Armbian first and then OMV as a service compared with just running from an image?

Anything I need to be aware or careful off?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there any benefits or drawbacks to installing Armbian first and then OMV as a service compared with just running from an image?

The image was created the same way the install script installs on armbian. It just did it in chroot. Installing omv 4 in chroot was possible. OMV 5 in chroot is not possible because of saltstack issues. Either way, there is really no difference. Keeping the script up to date for the latest changes is MUCH easier than rebuilding a ton of images for all of the boards that we used to have images for.

Anything I need to be aware or careful off?

Nope. I have installed using the script a few times in the last few days on a rock64.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Nope. I have installed using the script a few times in the last few days on a rock64.

Just for your information : I'm not sure if this is just me, or general issue, but using the method from the pdf guide is giving some deprecation warnings :

Python
    /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/modules/file.py:32: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working

from collections import Iterable, Mapping, namedtuple

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/jinja.py:630: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working

if isinstance(lst1, collections.Hashable) and isinstance(lst2, collections.Hashable):

Python
    /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/states/file.py:294: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working

from collections import Iterable, Mapping, defaultdict

Code
    /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/decorators/signature.py:31: DeprecationWarning: `formatargspec` is deprecated since Python 3.5. Use `signature` and the `Signature` object directly

*salt.utils.args.get_function_argspec(original_function)
    • Offizieller Beitrag

sing the method from the pdf guide is giving some deprecation warnings

They are warnings not errors from saltstack. They do not cause a problem and you will get them not matter how you install/configure OMV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!