Can I Create a Shared Folder with a space in name?

• Hello,

I am attempting to replicate a NAS setup and eventually convert a NAS from QNAS to openmediavault.

It seems I can't create a Shared Folder with a space in the name using the openmediavault web UI, and therefore can't replicate the setup I am trying to.

From a past post on this forum regarding renaming shared folders, all indications are that it is ok to have a space in the shared folder name, as long as you are willing to accept the "risk" folders with spaces in the name must have quotes surounding the name.

Because I can't "create" a shared folder with a space in it, I also cannot choose a folder to share out via SMB, likely because that shared folder doesn't "exist" within /etc/openmediavault/config.xml.

Is it possible to create a shared folder, or share a folder with a space in the name?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you're asking... No.

Now you could adjust your SMB mapping a little bit, and it would be fine. Example, lets say you have a folder with data in it, called My Stuff, and you want to share that over SMB.

In the webUi, create a folder called "My_Stuff".. then move "My Stuff" inside that folder... you'll probably have to do this at the command line level, but somehow I have a feeling you're next going to say these are NTFS drives and you can just do it on a Windows machine.

Once "My Stuff" is in "My_Stuff"... set up the SMB service to "My_Stuff", then on your Windows machine, set your network share to "My_Stuff/My Stuff".. and you'll really never even see the "My_Stuff". I've done this in Linux before to get around this, so I'm assuming it would work fine in Windows... but I've not used Windows on a regular basis in years.

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!