Plex appdata on the SSD

• Hello,

I run OpenMediaVault on a USB stick, I have 1*8Tb drive (soon 2), and 1 unused 128Gb SSD drive.

I will install Plex with Docker. How can I set the configuration to store all "appdata" to the SSD and not on the Harddrive ? I want to do this to gain speed on indexing / browsing.

I'm sorry I'm a totally begineer with OMV, I checked some videos from Techno Life dad without found this info.

Thank you !

• The Plex dockers store all the metadata in the /config container variable location. So when you configure the container point /config to a host path on the SSD.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hello gderf,

I don't want use USB stick anymore, I'll reinstall the whole system, can I partition my SSD with Gparted in 2 (like 30/90). The first one for the OS and the second for all config of plex & radarr containers ? Is this the best and easiest solution ?

Thank you !

• You don't say what hardware you are running on, but generally speaking the OMV iso installer will use the entire disk for the OS, you have no control over the partitioning at installation.

You should be able to change this later by shrinking the OS partition and creating a new one in the free space and use that for the data. I have never done this myself so I do not know how OMV will react to the new partition.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The other option that is often suggested is to install minimal Debian where you do have control over the partitioning, and after that install the omv package.

I would try shrinking first, if it doesn't work, you haven't lost a lot of time.

--

• Galiwyx

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!