OPENVPN not able to access

• So I followed his guild to install.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Everything worked except where I connect using key which is last part on my phone. I have uploaded pic of my router where I have forwarded ports as he told. I may have forwarded too much. If need to remove, let me know. I will appreciate any guidance. Am I missing something?

• Uh, you should not (have to) use such a trigger/port knock feature to open exactly the same port you're knocking on. That's just redundant.

Did you verify that your no-ip is actually pointing to your correct IP? Have you tried changing the ovpn conf to point to your current IP to figure out if no-ip is maybe configured wrong?

Also, are you sure that you have FullStack enabled Internet access?

What is the log of both the docker container and the openvpn App on your phone when you connect?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Uh, you should not (have to) use such a trigger/port knock feature to open exactly the same port you're knocking on. That's just redundant.

What you mean by this?

Also, are you sure that you have FullStack enabled Internet access?

I have it on bridge mode. How do I check if fullstack is enable.

What is the log of both the docker container and the openvpn App on your phone when you connect?

Here is container log:

Zitat

PIC uploaded for OPEN VPN APP LOG.

• What you mean by this?

This:

That message isn't written there for no reason. Read up on it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_knocking

Just remove it completely for now.

I have it on bridge mode. How do I check if fullstack is enable.

Uh, you can maybe check that in your Router. If it says that you have a proper IPv4 Address or if you have some IPv4to6tun or simliar.

Here is container log:

There are some errors in your config. It appears that the config path seems to be not writable?

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Uh, you can maybe check that in your Router. If it says that you have a proper IPv4 Address or if you have some IPv4to6tun or simliar.

I have uploaded pic of how it looks like, I think it is proper IPv4.

There are some errors in your config. It appears that the config path seems to be not writable?

Do I just use chmod to change permission?

I tried using my real ip to see if it works, but it doesn't work.

• Can you post the complete stack/docker-compose.yml?

Greetings

David

• I hope this is what you looking for. Took me forever to find. It was under openvpn.conf file, not where I found other compose.yml files though (#1 image where I have other container data but not for openvpn).

If this isn't the one, please redirect me to right path. Thank you for your constant support to beginner like me. I really appreciate it.

By the way, I tried using real ip and also duckdns instead of no-ip, same problem. I tried this(attached image) to see if port is open, does it matter if it says closed.

• I hope this is what you looking for.

Not quite. I mean the config you used to set up your container.

Greetings

David

• So he used command to install it. Here is list of commands he asked to run. I only changed DNS.

• So finally I called verizon to see if something is wrong with their port forwarding feature and they asked me to change few more settings. It works now but is it safe to do like that?

I have attached pic.

He told me to unmark "Enable" for internet connection firewall.

• I can't tell you how much harm that does, if at all. I guess in their Router it just allows for proper port forwarding to be allowed...

Greetings

David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!