How to resize EXT4-Filesystem with OMV ?

• Hi.

I use a hardware raid, added a new hd and have grown it.

OMV recognizes the the capacity change:

NAS kernel: [64759.934844] sdd: detected capacity change from 11999967707136 to 15999956942848

But when I try to resize the filesystem nothing happens an I get this entry in my systemlog:

NAS CRON[27854]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-mkrrdgraph >/dev/null 2>&1)

So do I have to boot into GParted and resize it or is there any way to do this in OMV ?

• You don't say how you are trying to resize the filesystem.

There is nothing unusual about that CRON message you see in your log. It will be seen every fifteen minutes.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Because OMV uses a partition for single drives (what hardware raid presents itself as), you have to resize the partition before resizing the filesystem. This is not possible from the omv web interface for numerous reasons. gparted is your safest choice. If you use hardware raid and think you will expand an array in the future, I would use lvm without partitions to make this much easier.

omv 7.4.2-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello, and sorry to reply to an older thread...

I just wanted to let you know that I used growpart successfully right now for the exact purpose as the original poster.

I did the following:

• install growpart (part of cloud-guest-utils)
    • applied growpart (according to the manual)
    • grew filesystem using OMV UI

It worked well as far as I can see, just the following message was shown when waiting for the file system resize to be finished (might be just a cosmetic issue):
    504 - Gateway Time-out

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!