Can't boot because data drive is missing

• My machine is booting to the point of asking for root password for maintenance, or ctl-d to continue.

I remove a data drive which has being used to transfer out the data and the drive has now been re-formatted ntfs.

why does the system become completing unusable for the loss of a data drive....crazy.

how do i get it now?

• Try this:

Give the root password to get a root shell. Then type this command:

update-grub

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• it's not the boot disk. it is only a data drive

it comes up with a start job is running for the drive - which fails . then a bunch of dependency fails for the disk

And what happens when you enter the suggested command?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I'll assume you rebooted the machine after running that command. Start looking around google for debian boot repair methods.

--

• Try running this command:

sudo omv-salt deploy run fstab

If that doesn't fix it, then you will have to manually edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml Make sure you make a backup copy of that file first.

Find the applicable <mntent> ..... </mntent> section for the offending drive and remove it entirely.

Then run the above command again.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!