Permission denied error on opening NFS mounted directory

• So I'm trying to set up NFS, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to mount properly. My plan is to follow this guide, but I figure I should make sure I can mount with `mount` first.

My options on NFS are:

Code
    subtree_check,insecure,anonuid=1000,anongid=100,no_root_squash

I have the id flags in because I read that it doesn't work with different ids, and my clients are all Arch boxes.

I'm mounting with:

Code
    sudo mount -t nfs -o vers=4 server:/ /mnt/location

I can mount fine, but when I run ls /mnt/server I get:

Code
    ls: cannot open directory '/mnt/location/server': Permission denied

What do I need to try?

• Hey! I should have clarified: the guide is for set up on the client side, not the server side. Server side, it appears to be more or less set up, it's just getting automatic mounting on boot working.

• Hey, that helped me, thanks! I didn't know that I needed to enable that service. I'm still struggling to get access, though: I keep getting permission denied errors when trying to access my share.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm still struggling to get access, though: I keep getting permission denied errors when trying to access my share.

Well you're getting further than I did I tried this on my W10 workstation, MS makes setup so difficult, but it still would not connect, but what I don't like about this is that it 'maps' a drive letter to the nfs share, that's fine on Linux, no something I like doing on Windows.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!