Need snapraid help

• Hi

For a while I used regular raid on OMV but then decided to switch to snapraid. One of advantages I heard was that the parity drives can spin down in snapraid.

But in regular raid they need to be spinning all the time. I currently have 4x8tb drives that I have encrypted and have set up with snapraid. I am using union filesystem as well, I have set up 2 drives as my main storage 14.55tb. Also with the 2 last drives as parity 14.55tb.

I am not very experienced with snapraid but I am wondering if I have done this setup correctly, and also how does snapraid store its parity. In the event of a hardware failure on my main storage, how do I recover my files that's in parity?

• Read the SnapRAID documentation for how to recover failed drives or lost files.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Not sure why you think the documentation is lacking. AFAIK everything you would need to know about the software is there. They have their own forum too.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!